PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Such a novel subject for a thread.
I have one Dunhill, a nice little pipe that I bought from Foggy just to be able to say that I own one. Not even sure what it is, really. I’ll have to look at it again.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Overrated by whom? What something is worth is defined by what someone will pay. The evaluation may be on looks, performance, or desire to own a,certain thing. I see a lot of art that I wouldn't pay for but it sold to someone for a great deal of cash. I wouldn't own a Prius because it wouldn't suit my needs so it's value to me is nothing. All in the eye of the beholder. Does my cane fly rods catch more fish than an inexpensive Walmart rod? I find great personal value in owning family ne fly rods and shotguns. Others may not. Same with pipe not matter the maker. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
BTW, jhb, Mike's not kidding:
Some people love them, others grow plants in them.
Hey, Embers, time to show him that Bonsai DH of yours!
Don't even start with cobs and meers!
Oh, I dunno, Mike. [mock innocent look] I've never seen anything at all wrong with cobs. I can't think of anybody who doesn't like them!
Countdown to post from Cosmic IN 5, 4, 3, 2.... :mrgreen:

Bill, you old troll! You merely saw me posting in the tobacco threads, and now you're goading me into posting here again. Now, you leave those poor cob smokers alone. It's not their fault. Maybe one day, their dad's will get jobs, and get them things like shoes, toilet paper, and real pipes. :puffy:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
@sablebrush
You bring a wealth of substance to any topic. I always enjoy reading your posts. [:clap:]
100% Truest Truth there is. And Jesse is not just a maven, but a gentleman as well. I remember once I questioned his take on a stem issue, & instead of responding in snark he nicely & diplomatically pointed out why he'd said what he did. He didn't take me down or put me in my place; he didn't have to -- *I* did it. :) His insights I find nearly always completely dead-on, & entertaining to boot.
Now, if y'all will excuse me I have to go PM somebody to beg a loan. :mrgreen:
Seriously, Jesse, I fully agree with Dave -- ANYthing you post is always worth reading. :)
Bill

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
you leave those poor cob smokers alone. It's not their fault. Maybe one day, their dad's will get jobs, and get them things like shoes, toilet paper, and real pipes. [:puffy:]
Wha', no "cob thug" comment? :twisted:
And Ash?
Cosmic and I agree twice in the same morning..... I'm going back to bed.
I'm gonna just leave that on alone. Waaaaaayyy too many tangents we could go off on there! :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As the old saying goes, if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it. They are nifty lookers.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
For Christmas I received a gift certificate for $500 to a local B&M from some generous employees who knew that I enjoy pipes and tobacco. After perusing the pipe selection that's online for this shop, it's likely I'll grab a new Dunhill. My choices are between several Dunhill shapes which are traditional and to my taste or another 3 to 6 cheaper priced pipes that I don't need or want. The other option would be to buy tobacco with the 95% MN tobacco tax - tobacco that I'm not looking to add to the cellar.
I hope you all will forgive me... :nana:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Go in good grace. Sounds like the best alternative, a Dunny!
It may turn out that you fall in love with the pipe you'll get and happily smoke it around those employees for years to come!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks John. I'm sure that splurging on an expensive pipe was their intention with the gift anyway. Whether or not Dunhills are a good value isn't something they would be expected to know. More than likely, I'll get much enjoyment from the pipe. Looking at a Cumberland straight apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.