PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Why smoke the emasculated Orlik London Mix when you could smoke Westminster instead?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Like all tobacco it is personal preference but my number 1 Dunhill Blend has always been London Mixture because of the aoriental forward flavor. I haven't tried the newer Orlik blending because I have stashed away enough Murray's to last me a long time. i am not a fan of Heavy Latakia blends and don't care for everbody's favorite 965 but London Mixture really does it for this guy.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
My favorite blend is 965, and I am also a big fan of Nightcap and EMP. However I picked up a tin of London Mixture last week and haven't enjoyed it as much- It is pretty moist though and I plan on letting it sit for awhile and trying again.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
Well, after letting the London Mixture sit in a mason jar for a week, this morning I took out a bowl and let it dry for half an hour. I am smoking it with my coffee (a fresh ground breakfast blend) and am actually enjoying it quite a bit.
The first time I smoked it I think it was too moist and left my tongue feeling like a steamed ham, a bit of drying took care of this. Also, it has a delicate flavor profile that I wasn't able to pick up on last time, (in a lounge filled with strong cigar smoke) I believe the tin description of "soft and mellow flavour" is fitting. This is one I'm glad I revisited and will enjoy smoking more of.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Never had the London Mixture, but after reading the comments I will definitely have a tin in my possession shortly. I really like English tobacco's.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I don't know why this is, but for some reason, for me all lat-forward blends, including those by Dunhill, seem to pale beside Nightcap. I can't figure out why this happened to me.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
Are we seeing the same deal ? It looks like this is a 4 tin sampler for $32 So that is 8/ tin

Status
Not open for further replies.