PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdstansel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Did anyone else see this from P&C.com?
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/dunhill-bulk-pipe-tobacco.html
Hey Everybody,
Sorry for the unexpected intrusion, we don't usually do e-mail specials on Fridays, but we're so excited about this announcement that we just couldn't wait until Tuesday. Some of our favorite and most popular tobacco tins we sell, Dunhill's Mixture 965 and Early Morning Pipe blends, after far too long are being re-released in bulk!. This allows you to save a bunch of dough not paying for packaging when you load up on these premium blends. We get questions from you guys and gals all the time wondering if this was going to happen, and we're happy to let you know that it is! We've got a big-time shipment currently in transit to us, and we are opening up today for pre-orders. We're expecting our shipment to arrive sometime on Tuesday, 10/2, and we'll ship all the pre-orders out on 10/2 and 10/3, so get your order in now for Dunhill Bulk Pipe Tobacco and reserve yours. Hope you all enjoy your weekend even more now that we let you know about this exciting news!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just ordered some MM 965, a favorite tinned brand. I have not tried their bulk and hope it is similar. That is a heck of a deal, I bought 8 ounces for $33 delivered. In 2 oz tins, that would have been over $50.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
If they ever get any Nightcap, I might do a batch again of a home brew a woman from Yahoo Pipesmokers2 does. It's 4 parts 965 to 1 Nightcap - or Gae's 421. Mix it all up and let it sit for a month or so before you smoke it. Used to be a B&M by me that sold Dunhill bulks, and I made up & smoked a bunch of it. Pretty good stuff.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I think you're on to something with the Peterson bulk, rothnh. Like I've said before, University flake is mmmm mmmm goooooood! 3P's isn't bad either, and I'm interested in a couple of their other naturally flavored flakes as well.
But this is a Dunhill post. Woops. I give two thumbs up to Dunhill Flake.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have 4 jars of bulk 965 that I put up in 2009 because they were going to stop bringing it into the US. I might have to try to make up some of that Gae's 421. I am glad to see the 965 available again in bulk.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have never seen Peterson bulks anywhere. It may well be that Peterson doesn't sell their blends that way.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Sure does affect the cost and the hit to the wallet. Peterson BULK would be the way to go. Let me know when you find some and provide a link for sure! :)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It used to be that Dunhill bulks in the US were made by Lane's for Dunhill, from their recipes. Dunno if that's still true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.