PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have an Ashton Dublin that I purchased several years ago. I would sell my house before I sold that pipe. It is wonderful on flakes, and anything Virginia.
I absolutely worship that pipe. It is not in any sort of rotation, since it is the prince of princes. I just smoke it when I feel the need of that subtle Dublin look.
I have one Ashton, a pebble grain Dublin, and it is absolutely one of my best pipes. Well worth the money. Buying more Ashton pipes has been incredibly hard to resist.
ashton.jpg

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I have a number of Dublin shapes. Briarworks makes a great Dublin and I have one of theirs with a great sandblast that is a joy to smoke. I also have a Moonshine Dublin that goes with me everywhere and is smoked almost daily. The two Peterson army mount Dublins I have are also great smokers. All are dedicated to Virginia tobacco's and they always perform exceptionally. One of my favorite shapes for sure.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I'm pretty sure I could toss dog crap in my Rad Dublin and it would burn fine and taste like heaven.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I like about Dublins, that they can look very extravagant and at the same time elegant and classy. Here is one of mine, that I think is more on the extravagant side:
69-F5-AA52-43-AB-4-F8-A-80-B4-AA6-C3-B949-C33.jpg

It’a a Castello Old Antiquari kkkk.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
James, thank you for your compliments! It is one of my best behaving pipes. I smoke Virginia blends in it and as it has a very deep but quite narrow chamber it gives me long lasting sweet smokes for my extended evening reads.
58-CFA654-B380-4-A7-D-A3-A0-994767-F38129.jpg

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hauntedmyst - your pipe looks very similar to a few of my 50's Heibe sandblasted Goldpoint briars. Don't suppose yours is also a Heibe?
I've got a few Dublins. One of my favourite blends is MacBarens Plumcake, except for one thing, it bites.

That was until I tried Plumcake in a meerschaum lined 50's Heibe Goldpoint Dublin. No bite at all.

I've a few larger meerschaum lined pipes that do not fix the bite issue.

The Dublin is not a big bowl which helps & I'm sure that the meerschaum lining goes a long way quelling the bite from Plumcake but I do wonder whether the Dublin shape has something to do with helping to ameliorate the bite issue.
Recently I bought a bent Road Town [Chinese] Dublin Sitter. Once I sanded off the disgusting carbon lining, it's become a rather good smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.