PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I don’t consume a lot of alcohol but got sucked into drinking Coke over Christmas which I mostly gave up a couple of years ago. It goes so well with so many other things, lol.

So …. no Coke will resume (after the Hawkeyes play on Jan. 1). Crockett and Tubbs can stake out someone else’s house.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
A few tips from personal experience:

1. This is a great goal. Very healthy! Don’t allow thoughts that it’s some kind of punishment.
  2. It will go better if you replace what would be drinking time with another activity.
  3. Plan on Feb 1st (or whenever) to ease back into it. You just did a reset, and it’s easy to get smashed.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
A few tips from personal experience:

1. This is a great goal. Very healthy! Don’t allow thoughts that it’s some kind of punishment.
  2. It will go better if you replace what would be drinking time with another activity.
  3. Plan on Feb 1st (or whenever) to ease back into it. You just did a reset, and it’s easy to get smashed.
#2 is my driving reason. As a natural creature of habit, I had found over the past 3 years having a drink at night became part of my habit. This habit creep does not satisfy me and so I will remain dry until this is corrected.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I did a “Drynuary” (sorry to the codgers who get triggered by neologisms) a few years ago. Some stubborn weight fell off, and I slept a lot better. I love good beer and cocktails, and drinking hasn’t caused any serious problems for my wife and I, so no plans to give it up long-term. Still, it’s good to take a break every now and then for your health, and to confirm that you can do it!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
"I've drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around." - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Holidays are a time of excess and for good reason. I do taper off for a little while depending on the NYE I've had. On the other hand, if I eat right, get plenty of sleep, and remain active enough to push myself, I can apparently continue my dilletante ways indefinitely.