Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
PA and Walnut,just great for the price.Got bunches of jars of them and 1Q. :D

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Jpbass;
Amphora huh, I don't believe you can get that in the US at all anymore. I ran into an older guy at the Tobacco Mall a couple months ago who was trying to hunt some down. I know that my local tobacconist has a blend called Euphoria that is supposed to be a match for Amphora.
ya amphora red full aroma is probably bout the most popular here, and dont git me wrong its ok but thats all whoops reckon i missed macbaren, lot of blends for them

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I was given a pouch of Captain Black for Christmas and didn't mind it at all. The room note was described as hot chocolate with marshmallows.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I tried PA about a year ago and hated it ! lol Then last month i was just sitting around, got up and bought a Cob and pack of PA, ive been smoking at least one bowl of pa everyday since.
Yup, it's like that. Years ago my Dad bought me some and I hated it at first. I thought it was too cigarettish. After letting the pouch sit for months I gave it another shot, liked it, and found myself craving it from time to time. I usually have some on hand.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
amphora red full aroma is probably bout the most popular here, and dont git me wrong its ok but thats al
I've read the description of it, and wasn't all that excited by it. I've never had any, but it strikes me as a CB clone. if that's the case, I'd rather stick with the original.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I used to smoke Captain Black White way long ago, before I got into Edwards Bucaneer and Goedewaagen from the Epitome shop. I sheepishly admit that in 30 plus years of piping, I have never tried PA or Walnut or any of the old tyme blends, other than matches for Revelation. I have tried 3 different Revelation matches and they all tasted different, lol. This year I think for my New Years resolution, I will be trying some of the OTCs everyone here talks about. Except Borkum Riff, heh heh.

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
I blend 3 parts Charter Hall to 1 part Black Cavendish, or a 50/50 mix of Charter Hall and Captain Black White. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.