Drinking and Driving over this Festive Season.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'll tell you a story that happened in the body shop days. Often people don't believe me and think it's an internet rumor, but this happened to me.
Two semis had collided head on and were basically merged into one. The wreck started smelling and Wayne went out with a torch to cut them apart, thinking he'd find a foot or something. He found a little red car with four people in it. We just closed the shop doors and kept working. The coroner or whoever guys came out to clean it up; I didn't go out to look at it.
Harming yourself or someone else due to drunk driving or fatigued driving is 100% preventable. Stay safe, brothers and sisters.
@Eric: I did puncture the radiator bouncing back over the median in a panic, so I got stranded. Serves me right. Not a proud story, but at least it cured the drinking and driving and I didn't kill anybody.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
How about just refrain from driving. Drinking is much more fun than driving anyway. And noone has ever had a fatal highway accident on their couch, only minor injury.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
In addition to Lawrence's important public service announcement regarding drinking and driving, I just wanted to add, please don't drink and fly either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yACWE3CzmYQ

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Just last night in Warren County Ohio on I75, a man driving his 2 sons both under 9 years of age went the wrong way on the interstate. He struck a vehicle head on carrying a family of 6. He killed one of his sons and himself. The family of six, the parents died and 3 of the 4 children all 18 and under are hospitalized with life threatening injuries. And everyone wants gun control, how about self control.

Status
Not open for further replies.