PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Confused?
Yep, this thread has made me aware I couldn't add two nickels to make a dime!
Browsing the 1923 Dunhill catalogue, there are a few items listed in the L/S/D format - humidors & mahogany cabinets,

and,

the seven day companion set of Bruyere pipes in Venticase which are listed like this-

£10 : 3 : 0
But even still,

I'd choose the Warrior Plug! :P :!:
Who would the richer man be?

He whom chose that 7-day cased set which unsmoked could have a current market value of possibly up to 2 or 3 thousand dollars?

And he'd get two cases too for the price of the 50 plugs!
Or he whom chose the baccy, fresh off the shelf, and as such is an irreplaceable experience, for such stuff does not survive the ages, while the old pipes, often unsmoked, are still pulled out of attics and closets and are always rather easily available.
What is value?
:?:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I should clarify the above as my description of a Crown was a little nebulous. A Crown was Five Shillings, whilst a Half Crown was Two Shillings and Six Pence or Two and Six or shown on the price tag as 2/6-. A Crown was in essence a 1/4 of a Pound Sterling or Two Crowns equaled a Half Sovereign which was Ten Shillings or Ten Bob in the slang of the day or more specifically 1/2 of One Pound. Once you get the hang of the old currency it is extremely easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.