PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Damn this Alan Harrelson fella must’ve pissed some of you guys off royally for how the feelings are flying this way and that…now I’ve gotta check him out to see what venom he’s spewing that’s got the dander up…and I love Foghorn Leghorn. 🤣 🍿 ☕

View attachment 301673
Choose to be happy people. Don’t let internet people trouble you.
I now regret having started this thread about what was for me a very enjoyable pipe evening.

See you all in Chicago for what I'm sure will be a great show.
cant wait to do this in person 🤣.

Soooooo….the proof is in the pudding. How was the blend?

Reactions: Friendly Piper

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Rich was the original owner of 4Noggins.
Brilliant business model, brilliant website, just an absolute recipe for success.
Then he started talking.
Some of these boys just don’t understand, just talk about pipes and tobacco. Other than that, shut the fuck up.
Ah yeah I remember hearing about the time when 4noggins was awesome and it being due to the original owner.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Well, I think I kinda agree with you. I just think he is moving towards humility, not that he has achieved it (as none of us has truly) and I commend that in him. I do think that presenting yourself as a blender when you aren't is presumptuous, but I also think some of the ad hominen attacks here are just as

I liked Rich. He was enjoyable to talk with on the phone. Something must have gone sideways in his life.
Hell I can tell you what happened to Rich, but it would cross a line here.
I’ve had timeouts before, don’t like them.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Rich criticized Trump which was either a brave or stupid thing to do--or both.

Certainly couldn't be expected to have a positive impact on sales or good will voiced to a market that is largely conservative, or however one would characterize Trump supporters.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Rich criticized Trump which was either a brave or stupid thing to do--or both.

Certainly couldn't be expected to have a positive impact on sales or good will voiced to a market that is largely conservative, or however one would characterize Trump supporters.
A person's opinion on politics doesn't concern me but when Rich said that he couldn't care less about the US market and was more concerned with exports was when he lost my business.

How did Rich come up in this thread? Is this guy friends with Rich or something?

Speaking of Rich, I was a moderator here back when Rich had 4Noggs, and I would wake up at 5AM and delete all of his overnight Trump rants. I know lots of folks that had strong feelings for the man. The guy who owned Pensky's Spices also did that, sending rants to everyone on his email list for Pensky Spices. It was a weird era.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had no idea who Harrelson was until I listened to the GetPiped pod about him. Doesn’t seem like someone who knows enough about blending to give a seminar on it to me.

I like keeping politics out of pipe talk. As soon as someone gets going on it I tune out. We’re all here for pipes, there’s no need to bring up politics unless you’re talking about tobacco legislation and even then just discuss the legislation; don’t go declaring which team you cheer for.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
How did Rich come up in this thread? Is this guy friends with Rich or something?

Speaking of Rich, I was a moderator here back when Rich had 4Noggs, and I would wake up at 5AM and delete all of his overnight Trump rants. I know lots of folks that had strong feelings for the man. The guy who owned Pensky's Spices also did that, sending rants to everyone on his email list for Pensky Spices. It was a weird era.
First mentioned by berg on the first page. I asked who Rich was and then got an explanation.

Also, didn't realize you were a mod here before. How does one start and stop being a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.