PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2013
Dresden, Ohio
To save a few key strokes...I am obviously new to the forum and do not have the credentials to post to the BUY/Sell/Trade section of the forum. Here's my deliema, I recently purchased a few varieties of tobacco from pipesandcigars.com and have found the I absoutely DO NOT like, or rather LOATHE a blend that I purchased. It is named English Oriental from Sutliff (Formerly Altadis). The thing is I do not want to buy, sell, or trade it!!! I just want to give it away for absoutely free!!!!! I will even pay for the shipping!!!!! It probably sounds too good to be true but I am for real. I do not want it and would like it to go to someone that might enjoy it more than I do. It is one (1) ounce, minus one and one half bowls that I smoked out of it. Originally, it cost $2.95 cents. You can find the blend details here: http://pipesandcigars.com/albuenorsps4.html . It is still in the original package. I obviously do not like English blends (as of yet). Hopefully, you can help me out here. Or rather, maybe I can help you out. Thanks to all in advance.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Since your new and still learning your way around blends I wouldn't give the blend away yet. Hang on to it for 1-3 months and try again, if you still hate it repeat the process or give up and give it away lol welcome to the forums!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I had a period where I liked English blends a lot, but after smoking them for a couple weeks straight I was burnt out. No pun intended. Do what I did -and was suggested above-: cellar it up and revisit it later. I have some Frog Morton and Nightcap that I can come back to down the road if I feel like dropping a lat bomb on the porch.

Oct 8, 2013
Dresden, Ohio
Thanks for the warm welcome all. Thanks for the advice hanglow but I have to get it out of the house. I literally put it in another room encased in two zip-locs because I cannot even stand to get a whiff when walking by. If someone doesn't take it, it's gonna go down a ground hog hole, accompanied with a Tom Clancy novel, so it'll have a supply of smoke and some light reading during the winter months.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
It must just be my tastes but I have never found a tobacco blend I hate, I love Latakia, I went through a phase of smoking clove and rose scented blend and don't mind any English aromatics or virginas. I just can't imagine hating a blend to the point of not finishing off an tin. If your really looking to get rid of the blend though I'm sure you'll make a friend here doing so. If you don't mind me asking what blends have you tried and what have you liked?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
On the topic, I have a tin of Nightcap that I haven't used much(maybe a few bowls) and would be willing to trade for. Would be looking for maybe an aro B&M house blend that was picked up fairly recently.

Oct 8, 2013
Dresden, Ohio
I try to be objective, I love tobacco and use every kind of tobacco that I know of, cigars aside. I tend to stay on the sweeter side of things. I have now tried most of the OTC blends available to me locally. In order of likeness to a lesser degree of :CB Gold (Love the chocolate undertones. It's my everyday smoke), PA, SWR CH, H&H, Borkum Riff(tolerable). I haven't decided on 1Q yet. I like the sutliff African queen, basically anything sweet and perfumey with a good nic hit. In cigs I smoke menthol, for chew its Golden Blend, straight for snuff, and for nasal snuff I like any american style toasted or medicated. I don't want to hate this tobac but I just can't.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
If you still have it I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
If your wanting to taste the sweetness try a burley based aromatic like classic burley cake, I'm sure others can give better advice on burleys but I don't smoke many. You could also try virginas, I love the fig smell/taste of a virgina perq blend. If your willing to buy a sampler online go to pipesandcigars.com and get a hearth and Holmes sampler, I would suggest:
Aniversary cake: a very unique vaper that every seems to love
AJ's Vapers: another solid more traditional vaper
LJ heart burley: a great burley, made me a bit light headed with nic, but that's different for everyone
Classic burley cake: a sweeter burley
Berry nice: a very good aromatic, I can actually taste it
Larry's blend: I wouldn't describe it as an English you only taste the woodsy flavor of latika, that will tell you if you if what you hated in your English was the Latakia or not.
All of these are just my personal favorite blends, if you ask here or CALL RUSS at the site he'll give you his professional advice for free, and he'd have a blast doing it.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Alpine
Welcome to the forum!
As others have mentioned, it is really amazing how tastes change in the pipe smoking world. Maybe this blend is really not for you, but I know that when I look back at all the blends that I have tried, many that I thought were 'unsmokeable' turned about to be favorites.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I know how you feel, there are some Englishes that I just can't stand the smell of. But thankfully I have a friend, politicalmonster, who will gladly take them off my hands and gives me all of his Molto.

Oct 8, 2013
Dresden, Ohio
KCPOE:As much as Id like to caim that that dog is mine, it however, is not. I do rescue pitbulls from local helters though. If I had more money than I had sense I would have a hundred of them in my house sleeping in bed with me. My mother did breed rottweilers and sell to police departments at one time so I have always grown up with large breeds. I have thought in the future that I would love to start a pitbull rescue. I most certainly have enough room.
MOLTO?????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.