PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I was in Peterson's getting a pouch of Mick McQuaid Ready Rubbed (since I've heard so many go things about it, and a rainy Sunday doesn't feel right without a trip to the tobacconist's) and as I was in there I picked up one of their senorita cigars for 3 quid. Twenty minutes of grimacing and gnashing of teeth later I think it's fair to suggest that Pete sticks with pipes, and I too, until I'm able to afford some decent sticks.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've only ever seen a Peterson cigar once in America and it was marked at $20 for one cigar. I decided to pass on that one. Peterson's never been known for being a cigar company though. Just trying to add sales through another market with that. Their pipe blends are pretty good though.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
Try as I may I just can't get into cigars. I too have paid mucho dollars for a cigar and been disappointed. I'm sticking with pipes, personally.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
@lqjones
I hear you. In Ireland you're looking at 16 - 20 USD for a good one. The best I've had are a Punch and a lower-end Romeo y Julieta, which were pleasant, but probably not worth the outlay. Cheap cigars can be foul.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Smashing any cigar down in 20 minutes is always going to end badly. I think Peterson over rates himself across the board though but that's just me.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Several years ago (I'm not sure if they are still in production or not) there was a premium cigar line with the Peterson name that was made by Ashton, if my memory serves me correctly? I had a few and remember them being pretty good smokes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have enjoyed Peterson's tobaccos, and I really value my Peterson pipes. Cigars, I'll leave to the Dominicans, which are

decidedly better even than the Cubans I've tried outside the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.