PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
For two weeks in February this little devil vanished and ripped my heart out.

20220309_142821.jpg

I couldn't eat, sleep, or function. I had no idea you could get that attached to a dog.

With the help of Facebook, local and national search groups, and the Humane Society I was reunited with a tired, very hungry boy.

20220303_005438.jpg

His adopted Daddy dog was similarly affected as he would not leave the front window looking for him. Their reunion was heartbreaking.

20220303_003150.jpg

After a week of nursing and a special high calorie diet he regained his goofy grin.

20220307_200657.jpg

Now he's 100% back to his old self,

20220314_082145.jpg

and me and my other boy can rest.

20220314_082153.jpg

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
We've got 2 German shepherds and they completely and utterly remind me of tobacco.

No, it's not their color to me, although that is similar... I think it's because I've seen so many family photos from the 50s - 70s in the form of Polaroids growing up, slightly stained and fading. Shag carpets, denim couches, popcorn ceilings, and the acceptance of tobacco culture permeates the photos I recall of German shepherds my parents and grandparents used to have.

I love them, don't think I'd ever have any other dog, unless that dog was bigger. I do like Bloodhounds, but I'd need some acres for a dog bigger than a GSD.

Deep sleep...

IMG_0063.JPG

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
We've got 2 German shepherds and they completely and utterly remind me of tobacco.

No, it's not their color to me, although that is similar... I think it's because I've seen so many family photos from the 50s - 70s in the form of Polaroids growing up, slightly stained and fading. Shag carpets, denim couches, popcorn ceilings, and the acceptance of tobacco culture permeates the photos I recall of German shepherds my parents and grandparents used to have.

I love them, don't think I'd ever have any other dog, unless that dog was bigger. I do like Bloodhounds, but I'd need some acres for a dog bigger than a GSD.

Deep sleep...

View attachment 134970
Now I wish I’d named this guy Bacco he even looks like a blend. image.jpg