Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Mine doesn't show up. A few years ago my wife figured out how to block all of our family members. If she remembers how she did it, I'll let you know.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Google's current policy is they require a court order to block your name from searches. Which would
(a) be really expensive and the judge would require a reason, and

(b) move your name to the top of the list while you were going through the court proceedings.
In short, I don't believe you can anymore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My name is shared with a lot of others, a 1950's African-American NBA player, a San Francisco beat poet,

a local vocalist who went into the real estate business, a notorious delinquent at my high school who was

always getting me called down to the dean's office, and thousands of others. My first initial and last name

in my email address is followed by the number 36. When I was in a graduate writing program, I seriously

thought of using my first initial and middle named with my last name to make my byline unique. It just

sounded too affected, but I probably should have done it. One of my mentors was always calling me by

the name of the character from a novel who had my last name and another short first name (not mine).

It's a bit like being named John Doe. I think a really great, or at least unusual, name helps place written

work, everything else being equal. It just helps people remember who you are and exert some interest.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
The first page of results is all me. Since I'm a musician and work in ministry at a large church, there's a few web pages and videos with me on it. Also, my name is not too common.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Here is the averages of all Kent Paulson's found

$78k

Income Average

61%

Married

Average Age

100%

Caucasian
Wish I was a bit closer right now to the average income LOL

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I just googled myself I found out that I am either dead (obituary) or a convicted murderer in Florida. Don't tell my wife!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I have an uncommon surname derived from Huguenot origins when a bunch of them escaped from France and settled in Northern Ireland. So I typed in my real name and came up with quite a lot about the "real" me, which is both reassuring and worrying. It seems that my ancestor was a famous essayist (true) and that I have a town named after me near East Lansing in Michigan where the High School football team is apparently very good!
My site moniker is deliberately a hybrid between "flake" (no explanation needed) and "Jakey" an old Scots word, said to have been derived from the name of a strong alcoholic drink, put politely "a member of the street drinking fraternity". There are other, more obscene meanings which I couldn't possibly print here - I love them! Anyone interested in the different street meanings of "Jakey" can google it and follow "Urban Dictionary", but please don't if you are easily offended!

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Not many people with my last name. Not as rare as youhowever but I am the only one that comes up when my name is googled.

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I have an uncommon surname derived from Huguenot origins when a bunch of them escaped from France and settled in Northern Ireland.
SNAP! :) I am also a descendant of French Huguenots, but there appears to be more of my unusual name spread around the world.

Aug 14, 2012
Under my name I found one CPA and about 6-8 listings of me, including some photos that I signed but don't remember. No mention of the guy with the same name whose wife sued me for child support years ago.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I share my first and last name with a character in the film, Final Destination 2.
Every time I google myself I see gruesome pictures of his cinematic death. Hopefully the don't prove to be prophetic.
Not unexpectedly, but hilarious none the less, when I google image search my screen name about 90% pf the pictures are pipes, or posts from this forum.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Go to the website: www.howmanyofme.com
You enter your name and it tells you how many people in the country have your first and last names, interesting.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
HowManyOfMe.com There are
count.png
or fewer people with my name in the U.S.A.How many have your name?
I guess I am even more unique than I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.