PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Hey you put all us specific randos in a room and the amount of actual knowledge going on (pipe ways) is astonishing. I'd say we're a pretty great group for learning about what to smoke. Either because it's tasty or because nah that won't kill you.
I agree, but my brother in Christ, we're talking somebody essentially asking for an excuse to smoke mold. Like, I had to throw out some bread last week because it had mold on it. I just know consuming mold is unwise. I didn't get on a baker's forum and ask, "Hey guys, can I still eat this?" 🤣

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I agree, but my brother in Christ, we're talking somebody essentially asking for an excuse to smoke mold. Like, I had to throw out some bread last week because it had mold on it. I just know consuming mold is unwise. I didn't get on a baker's forum and ask, "Hey guys, can I still eat this?" 🤣
Isn't mold on bread how they get penicillin ? Aren't we just cutting out the middleman and big pharma ? Like in the days of yore ?? ;)😵‍💫

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
“plume” has really done its job though from the old cigar retailers. You still see a lot of “our cigars have plume on it because they are all well aged” speak and it has absolutely muddied everything. Bakeries aren’t out there telling people “oh that mold is bad, but this one still fine if it shimmers”.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's the funny thing. Is if it's mold you probably won't have to ask anyone. Though I have had to explain to people the whole roll is compromised once you can see mold and not good to eat. Though mold is funny most of it's just gross and probably won't hurt you, but if it does it can be pretty darn serious. My favorite is one type of mold that is safe unless you have an allergy and if you do it can straight up kill you.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Aren't we all brothers and sisters in Christ, saved by grace and not by works? And doesn't the soul return to the ONE who gave it,
Ecclesiastes 12:7 ? Where was I ? Ah, yes, mold. Whenever I encounter that evil growth on my tobacco...I will shout "Get thee behind me mold! I cast you out!" with authority. And then I will spritz some CLR MOLD & MILDEW powerful foam spray on it very gingerly. After that, my tobacco is born again. White as snow, but not from mold. That mold was cast as far from the east is from the west, praise be to God! Hallelujah! (YMMV)KIMG3134.JPG

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I would no sooner ask forum members to diagnose a tumor than I would ask them to diagnose if a tin of tobacco contains mold.

I'm just getting really tired of all the posts asking total strangers, with no training in mycology, to determine if the snapshot that they posted shows tobacco with toxic mold on it. Let's get this straight: That's not the way that it's done. Unless there's a toadstool growing in your tin, or it's overflowing with fuzziness, nobody here can definitively answer your question. Common sense (and forum rules) dictate that you contact the supplier and/or manufacturer before posting any mold inquiries here.

Please argue with me.
I’m not arguing with you…you’re a pain in the ass to argue with. 🤣☕

Status
Not open for further replies.