Does Sweetened Black Cavendish Make Anyone Else Feel Crappy?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
probably the tobacco is still too wet (too high a moisture) - a sweet smelling wet sugary tobacco will certainly bitemore. thats why you don't call your love "sugar" or it will bite

"honey" probably less bitey

Reactions: JustAregularPiper

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Thanks for all the input guys. Now I have got some experimenting to do. I was ready to write off anything sweet with cav in the blend. I have gotten some good feedback and recommendations from you guys. Much appreciated.
Try some untopped black cav straight, like Lane BCA. It's a very mild smoke as it's just black cav, or try the Danish as another member mentioned. I personally love aromatics but tend to buy the Danish ones and don't seem to have any issue. You could also try the breath smoking method, it made a world of difference for me once I figured it out. Enhanced Pipe-Smoking Flavor and Comfort with Breath Smoking - https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/enhanced-pipe-smoking-flavor-and-comfort-with-breath-smoking

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
It's all been said by the other guys here and what might be worth a try is a brown Cavendish or just avoid it completely. Cavendish are usually used because they carry the topping or casings so very well but other flavour exist in different genres and it's worth exploring others for sure. ttps://www.tobaccoreviews.com has a search function that allows you to select tobaccos by varietal which is helpful and if you're looking for something with a very soft flavour maybe explore stoved Virginias like Rattray's Dark Fragrant, bit harder to keep lit but a very very subtle smoke. As to your original question, no, but I dislike the American style Aro's that have a lot more than just a topping or casing added and its possible that this is what isn't agreeing with you.