PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigriggers01

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2012
Like most folks here I take breaks. Mostly my breaks are simply because I just don't feel like smoking, if I find I'm too busy to smoke, however, I tend to force myself to smoke simply to make myself calm down a bit and take a step back to consider what ever's going on.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
I smoke all the time. And I usually smoke my pipes, approx 10 bowls a day. Break from smoking is not an option I've ever considered.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Depends on what you mean by break. Since I only smoke 2-3x/week max, I almost always have days between smokes. Now, do I take purposeful "seasons" off pipe smoking? I'll let you know when I've been at it longer :)

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Same as many of you. Need a clear space free of the missus and the tot to sit down for an hour and enjoy a bowl so fit my smoking around my other responsibilities. As an outdoor-only smoker, suspect winter will also cause some problems. Would be a bowl or two a day man if I could.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Smoking outside in the winter is fun. Gives ya a manly sorta feelin'. :lol: Specially when there's a bunch of snow on the ground and its FRIGiD cold. Just gotta make sure there's little to no wind, and you have warm clothes on. :lol:

Jul 10, 2013
So I finally got around to packing up a bowl last night and enjoying a smoke. For me it was like re-discovering how nice it really is. Smoked some of my favorite blends (has a hint of carmel) through one of my briars and it was wonderful.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I actually have found myself smoking more and more. It used to be once a week or once every couple of weeks, now it is almost every day. Not particularly large bowls, but it is just so dang relaxing and enjoyable. I find myself yearning for the next bowl especiallly after a meal.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I take a break when I'm visiting relatives and lately when my grandchildren are visiting. I have one daughter who is quite militant in regards to smoking.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Yeah I take breaks all the time, though mostly not by preference. I have no friends who smoke pipes or anything else, and my wife and kids have a pretty steady flow of anti tobacco types at the house all the time. If I get a day off and time to myself, I try to get caught up though ;0)
Probably a good thing for the breaks though. It imposes moderation where otherwise I could easily see myself ramping up to what I would consider for me to be excessive indulgence. Though I do often think of how nice it must have been in the era when men just smoked pipes, whenever and wherever.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
One or two days.. some times I get one a cigar kick for a week but still get at least one or two pipes in

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Okay so, I finally had to take a break today. I have no idea why... I've been smoking the same tobacco, out of the same pipes, with the same method of packing, but for some reason I've been getting bit lately. Which is weird, because in the three years I've been smoking a pipe, I've never once experienced tongue bite. It's not a horrible bite, just a slight pinching, stinging, burning sensation. I know it's not tongue burn (Well, maybe it is. Not short-term tongue burn from an exceptionally hot bowl though, but long-term burn from smoking too much, thus making my tongue susceptible to discomfort from even low temperatures.). Who knows, but yeah... felt like I should give my tongue a rest.
PS. It could be that I cut back on my cigarette intake significantly in the last few weeks/month. I went from 3/4 to a pack per day, to approximately five cigarettes per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.