Do You Sometimes Feel That Your Body Becomes Tired of Too Much Nicotine?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many people develop quite a tolerance to nicotine, or have it innately, but you can also trigger a hypersensitivity to nicotine and many many other substances, so if you are feeling more sensitive than you used to be, probably best to back off. Pipe smoking is for enjoyment, so do what is enjoyable, and only that.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
There's more nicotine in pipe tobacco than in a cigarette. Another reason why it's normally emphatically recommended not to inhale pipe smoke.
Moreover, nicotine can (and does) affect different people differently. It's consensus that nicotine gives a buzz, yet I can't say I've ever experience this, as far as I know. I've enquired here and there a number of times how such buzz feels—is it like the buzz you get from alcohol? –in order to be able to tell if I've felt it or not. To date, nothing conclusive. In MY case, nicotine appears to either not be felt at all or felt by being sick: a headache, not entirely pleasant alertness—like having had too much coffee, forearms feeling funny—kinda numb, lightheadedness, nausea...
I had a Romeo & Julieta No. 2 cigar yesterday, after a full meal (entire pizza with a pint of ale) and after having smoked only ~3/4 of it I experienced all the above, except for the nausea. I had to lie down for ~30 min before the lightheadedness subsided. Furthermore, when I was outside, in -17 °C weather, and even in my heated car, I felt mostly OK, a bit giddy, but OK. But the moment I walked into my warm appartment, oh man, that's when the nicotine kicked me. Funny thing this.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Me personally, I have a fairly high nicotine tolerance. That doesn’t mean I’m never affected, but when I am the first sign is increased heat rate. It makes me smile and think “Hmm. Nicotine! Haa.” I like to put my hand over my heart just to feel it, and usually I’ll back off. Not so much that I get sick, but more that I know it’s not great for my cardio system.
;-)
ETA: A double ligero LFD cigar usually puts me in my place.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I’ve had a nic hit a few times. Sweaty palms, over salivating, burn in my throat, dizziness, light headed, and nausea are symptoms I have experienced. It is very unpleasant . I’ve had it happen from cigars and only very mildly from pipes in the early going. There are some days that my body tells me that I’ve had enough smoking for one day so I stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.