Do You Like smokingpipes.com New Website's Design?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lord, I have enjoyed your posts/comments/and opinions. But that was just BAD FORM my friend.
I'm sorry, but when someone says, "Sit down and shut up you stupid kid!", to me it comes across that I and younger pipe smokers aren't wanted by the old guard. That we're not worthy and should just quit the hobby. To me it doesn't seem like something you'd say to someone you want around.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"Okay I am really confused here!?!?! How did "do we like the new site" start a old vs young fight?"

Me too 8O
"A specific bit of feedback, in the old site Estate pipes, when one clicked on ENGLISH or DANISH etc, all of the makers available were at the top. Even when a specific maker was selected, say DUNHILL, they were all still at the top (until a specific pipe was selected), which made it VERY EASY to navigate between brands/makers."
A great example of of constructive criticism, and one I heartily agree with.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Either the site has been smoothed and tweaked or I am advancing on the learning curve and have become more adept, but I am more comfortable with the site than I was. The annoyance aspect has faded somewhat, and the utility has become more obvious. I'm not saying I'm a happy camper yet, but I am more comfortable.

Sep 30, 2015
Can a Mod or Admin deal with the Troll called secretretailer?

That's not very nice!
@pipemonk

Nice try, but I doubt your concern trolling in order to get hired by SP is going to work! Why don't you leave it to the pros, who built a multi-million $$ business, instead of the keyboard jockey arguing with the SecretRetailer on a message board!

Sep 30, 2015
"Okay I am really confused here!?!?! How did "do we like the new site" start a old vs young fight?"

Me too 8O
"A specific bit of feedback, in the old site Estate pipes, when one clicked on ENGLISH or DANISH etc, all of the makers available were at the top. Even when a specific maker was selected, say DUNHILL, they were all still at the top (until a specific pipe was selected), which made it VERY EASY to navigate between brands/makers."
A great example of of constructive criticism, and one I heartily agree with.
But if we only give constructive criticism, how are we going to show everyone else on the forum how much smarter we are than everyone else?
Either the site has been smoothed and tweaked or I am advancing on the learning curve and have become more adept, but I am more comfortable with the site than I was. The annoyance aspect has faded somewhat, and the utility has become more obvious. I'm not saying I'm a happy camper yet, but I am more comfortable.
You're setting a bad example for the rest of us on here. Every site should be specifically tailored to us, and we can't be inconvenienced to figure it out.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Wow... This thread took some unexpected twists and turns.
WARNING - Unbridled Personal Opinion Follows
I liked the pre-update version of the site better than the current iteration. I like the current iteration MUCH more than the version that launched live and inspired this thread. I found the "old" site design clean, easy to navigate and a refreshing change from the online shopping templates used by others in the tobacco and pipe e-tail game.
Like some of the other members who posted above, I visit the current site much less frequently than I did the older version.
-- Pat

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Guys. Two things:
1. Thanks for the constructive feedback. SPC is working on getting things fixed. Can you please not beat this to death? Remember, they help us keep the lights on around here.
2. The troll, SecretRetailer has been banned, and his identity isn't so secret when I am the admin of the site. His other account has been banned too. He is in fact a brick & mortar store that also has a website. Typically B&Ms are not fond of competitive online retailers, and this is a good example of that.
I'm closing this thread. If you want to post any NEW, USEFUL, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, then please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.