PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atboth

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2012
A short while after I started my blog in 2005 I posted something about tobacco. Then a month or so later I did a comparative tasting of various Pease blends with a view to stockpile, as Marty Pulvers was selling his store. I turned my thoughts into a blogpost, of course. Over time the blend reviews and general pipe-related gibbering started to add up.
Then in January 2010 one of the owners of Grants on Market Street asked if there was any easier way to get at my tobacco posts than wading through all the other weird garbage, so I started an index ("Big Heap of Tobacco"). Over 150 more or less pipe related posts so far, with several articles that might be called reviews.
So it's not really a tasting journal, more like a record of smoking. And stimulation.
As well as a prime example of self-obsessed club bore.
Over 150 posts listed as of this writing. Some more boring than others.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@Winton, That's awesome. Lol. I wish I had the discipline to do that. I have envelopes of gas receipts that I write mileage on, but I never could get myself to consistently input the data.
I have kept a log on and off over that past 30 years, but there are huge gaps.....say 10 years here and there. It is fun however to read back over and see how your opinion/tastes have changed.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Read this post the other night and thought it was a great idea. So I started, will pay off years down the line. May save me buying a tin of something I disliked.

Status
Not open for further replies.