PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Mine is a Baki meerschaum Lovat. It has a beautiful lattice carving, is coloring amazingly and smokes like a champ every time no matter what!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I honestly don't have a favorite. I have so many that smoke equally great, but if someone had a gun to my head, I would have to pick my Rad Davis Calabash. It smokes my favorite blend( Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake) as good as anything in my collection and I also love the looks of the pipe as well as any in my collection. What you are asking is like who is your favorite child, it is not fair to the other kids and just listing a pipe like I did is going to mess up all my other pipes in their heads. They are going to be so pissed at me.

andycross

Lurker
May 10, 2015
I have a Wathen Refection pipe from 1979 it's by far my favorite pipe! I'm new to this group still trying to figure out how to post pictures?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The one that's in my mouth. :D
If I was to be serious, I would say that my favorites amongst my "old friends" would be my Stanwell 3/4 bent egg and my Comoy billiard. Among the newer pipes, the Tinsky billiard and the Castello Dublin I just got are coming on strong.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
Yes, but a few - I have a favorite pipe for Latakia blend, one for VAPer curly / coin cut, one for Burley flake, one for berry aromatic, one for vanilla / caramel aromatic, one for Lakeland. Those are my favorite because they reliably deliver good consistent smoking experience (including visual and tactile) every time.
I have yet to find a good VA flake pipe, while many pipes deliver good Latakia blend experience.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Oddly enough, my favorite isn't my nicest. I have this little Savinelli bent apple...its a Toscana, which is a rather affordable series...but its from the 90s and has a much lighter stain than typical. It doesn't even smoke the best but I just like....for some darn reason.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
This is a tough one as I recently picked up 2 new pipes, but if I had to pick one I'd probably say my Neerup Classic 3 Apple. It is just wonderful to hold and look at, and it has smoked so superbly. It's my pipe that I like to sit down with and relax, a very classy pipe. If I were to pick one that is more of a "go everywhere with" pipe, it would be my Rossi Rubino Zulu. It had a terrible clear coat that made it smoke hot, but I removed it with acetone and waxed it; smokes like a dream! It's my favorite to carry around.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a number of "favored" pipes, but this 1930's Comoys 499 Extraordinaire has a special place in my heart. That shape was on the #1 spot of my "Holy Grail" list and competition on Ebay was fierce. It almost felt unobtainable due to scarcity and price. A guy I knew on another forum had exchanged messages with me about British Rhodesians in general. He had some health issues and messaged me if I wanted to buy his 499. Yes I did, and at a reasonable cost. It turned out he lived near NYC and my work travel. So, we met in person and I was able to buy the pipe. We've since become friends and I visit him occasionally (he still smokes an occasional pipe/cigar).

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I have a number of pipes that I continually goto but during the outdoor months I usually stick with my cobs. I very been smoking this bad boy and his brothers for a number of days now and am loving 'em. It's a modded and stained Missouri Meerschaum 5th Avenue. It has an unfiltered nose warmer stem with a stock MM bit. I'm a clencher and am loving this bit and the overall length of the pipe is perfect. Plus with replacement bits being ¢50 I can chew the crap out of it.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Oddly my favorite pipe is the pipe I smoke least often. Its an old Chacom Louve Paneled Horn that is just huge. Fills the hand fully...... and I have big hands. lol

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Slowly thinning my herd of almost 50 pipes down to only the ones i like and smoke the most, which is roughly half of that if not less. That said, my favorite pipe if i had a gun to my head would probably be my Clark Layton. A close second would be my Briar Bird "Twisted Tomato". They both smoke pretty much anything phenominally and look equally pleasing to me as well.
20141011_200745-600x450.jpg

20140919_165528-600x450.jpg

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I would say I like my $300 Savinelli Billiard 2010 Collector and my $50 Stanwell Poker about equally well.
But honestly, my favorite pipe is usually the last one I bought. Call me fickle.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Harris, I saw your Davis Calabash when you posted on "what are you smoking? It was my favorite of the ones you posted." I think a dark blast, with smooth warm colored briar showing, is a great look. Anyway, that pipe is awesome.
I am pretty fickle, I guess. It seems that my favorites drift back and forth somewhat. It may just be my moods. If I was pressed, I guess it would be the meer in my avatar, it smokes like a dream. I have two Mastro De Pajas in 1/4 bent that I reach for quite often, they were not top of the line Mastros, but the first one worked so well, when the opportunity arose I picked up a mate to it.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
:oops: Forgot all about my old no name Irish bent. I really do not know why, it may be the really wide but thin bit, great for clenching. It has a big V shaped bowl, probably over reamed at some point, but plenty of wood left. It also burns anything you put in it really well. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.