PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I'm enjoying an octoberfest right now with my local b&m blend called battleground.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I prefer sweet tea, iced or hot. But at night, a good single malt with a glass of water is often just the ticket. Tea and a mild English or Oriental is perfect. Scotch goes well with Rattray's VaPers and Virginia flakes when I can get them to burn correctly. And Grousemoor was created to be smoked along side a good English Gin with a lemon or orange twist.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Was this a trick question......? ........Seriously......?
No, not a trick......... the weather has broke here in Ohio, I've switched from wines and bourbons to the Pink Gin.......... Damn, I can't hold them like I used to...... I'm travelling backwards in time, and getting younger..... life is good...... :puffy:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Good Stuff Doc!......... I'm an Old Codger, set in me ways, but if'n I get the chance, I'll try that.. Pink Gin and Condor... (where's Simon when you need him?)............. :worship:

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I just thought the story of Ian Fleming working it into the Bond books was interesting. The gin might be good in a pinch but I bet not as good as mixing the real thing.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
'doc... my grandmum was a true blue Brit........ she enjoyed a "classic" Pink Gin about 3 times a week, lived to be 94........ methinks there's something to that!........ and good enough for Ian Fleming?......... Better stock up mate!... :mrgreen:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I don't drink adult beverages when I smoke.
I also don't drink adult beverages when I drive.
Did I mention...I don't drink?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Aquadoc:as for beverages,my congrats on your taste sounds sofisticated,I do like gin tonics myself when its hot,wheter its Bombay shapphire or Gordons,nevertheless can't often afford buying single malts,for instance up here in Scandinavia -Eu Laproaigh single Isaly malt goes around $ 50, my favorite J Walker, $ 25 and Jim Beam is the same,something crazy isn't it?Our State primary policy is to keep our compatriots away from the booze,its been this like decades long.

Status
Not open for further replies.