Do You Dedicate Pipes To Only One Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
embers, did all the combos work or did you have to adjust a couple? I have been smoking nothing but 2012 Aslteys no 44 Dark Flake in my Weaver Volcano and it is spectacular.

Oct 7, 2016
No. I tend to smoke flakes more often than not from ones with wider bowls, but that is only a tendency.i will smoke any tobacco I like in any pipe I own.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
embers, did all the combos work or did you have to adjust a couple?
I had to adjust the cut of the blends in a couple of them but I still smoke the blends originally intended for them in them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They were top favorite blends and I wanted to add a little whimsy to them. Black Frigate conjured piratey images of islands and volcanos. Yenidje Highlander is heavily oriental forward. Oriental leads to Asian imagery like fugu blowfish. They were all paired psychologically. Even the ones he gave me as gifts were paired that way.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I dont, BUT I do understand why some guys would. The flavor of different blends can linger.
I however smoke only burley blends, so it's a non issue for me.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I used to dedicate them... but since I became a lover of lakelands. I don't worry about it anymore.. I mean why be mad for the Lakeland ghost?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I used to, but then I realized because of it there were some pipes that weren't seeing as much rotation. Now I pretty much have whatever blend in whatever pipe.
If I was into Lakeland or English/Balkan blends then I probably would dedicate those to certain pipes.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I have a couple of pipes that I dedicate to English blends with Latika but otherwise, do not dedicate pipes. I should say that I smoke mostly Lane BCA and Butternut Burley and those are nice blended together so I don't see the need to dedicate pipes to those. I need to branch out and try different tobaccos. I have some Escudo and Nightcap that I tend to use the same pipe for. Churchwarden got me onto Old Toby which is a fun smoke. It's a little sweet but very nice for a late night snack.
I agree with whoever it was that said he could smoke anything anytime in his cob. I have a number of MM cobs and they are amazing. I have seen several here that say that all they have are cobs and never have to worry what they put in them or how often they are smoked. I have some very nice briars but if I could only have one pipe it would probably be a MM General.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I use mainly morta, clay and meers and I clean them with hot running water after each smoke. Doing so there is no need to dedicate them to a blend or genre as I never had issue of ghosting them doing in that way. I use a cob to taste new blends just in case they are something weird.

Mar 29, 2016
I dedicate pipes to Latakia and for SG,GH and other British style tobaccos. I have no problem with Va and Va/Pers in the same pipes. I also dedicate pipes for Kentucky and any kind of Burley forward tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.