Do I have to get my mouth palate use to all this new kind of smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
unholy:
Absolutely! And if we've been doing this for a long time, it's easy to forget what we went through in the beginning. Looking back at my own tasting notes, my early impressions were a simple matter of "liked it"/"didn't like it," without any real knowledge about what I was actually smoking. I think it was 15 years or so of pipe smoking before I really started paying attention to the flavors of different leaf!
Bob

Mar 1, 2014
I'm not sure how much I agree with the idea that you "need" to roast your mouth a few times. I definitely did, but that was out of sheer ignorance. If I could do it again it's hard to say if I would have burned my mouth.
Secondly, as a total noob the best recommendation I can make is to pursue a good VaPer, my first bowl of SG St. James Flake after having smoked no more than a few weeks was pretty immediately enjoyable.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I cannot wait until I get that "perfect smoke" I will take all this great advise and will keep posting on here and asking questions as well. I can not thank each one of you enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.