Disaster! Condor Factory Closes in Ireland!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Separate sentences, with a space in-between. Second sentence addresses Darwin.
Well, of course that is not true (facts are just such a bother for the BBC), but it will be, soon.
@Darin (sic), Orlick is an STG brand, and is made in Denmark. Mac Baren is also made in Denmark.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Evidently the news of Condor's demise has not caused a run on it. I placed an order from Mr Snuff yesterday, they had 14 left. Today, 24 hours later they still have 14 left.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
@ jitterbug - that's because despite a small cult following in the U.S the stuff is muck.
In the UK this is an old codger blend.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
CondorMan, does this mean you may be in the market for the new "VaPro" blends soon?
VaPro: A new tobacco blend now being developed due to the recent news about Condor Tobacco Products. Ingredients include Virginia tobaccos licorice casings and Prozac.
Did I really make fun of the CondorMan's future retirement job prospect? WOW. Im bad... hide Hawke, Hide!

smiley-scared003.gif

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
:rofl: Hawke you are truly priceless at times. I was thinking something along the lines of a bar of nicotine with the option of a few tobacco leaves to add a little flavor combined with a couple of tractor inner tubes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Simon, that's a fantastic idea!

There's a business opportunity here, and I know the guys that can make it happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiJa9diJOMk

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm bumping this thread because I have been notified that J. Fox no longer carries Condor Plug or the RR. It has been taken off both the J Fox website and the PipeDivan site. What a shame! I have written J Fox but have yet to get a reply from them. Anyone know anything about this?
Peterson's site still has the plug listed but it shows 'out of stock'
:(

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I still have a small stash of Condor plug, maybe 8 packs. James Fox still lists Mick Mc Quaid and Yachtsman plugs. I thought Mick Mc Quaid was a goner too with only Yachtsman surviving. Both are made by STG.

jakecobb

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2017
Los Angeles, California
We all need to stage a smoke-in or something. Didn't the american revolution start over a tea tax!? What happened to the whole "no taxation without representation" thing? I don't feel properly represented.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Peterson's site still has the plug listed but it shows 'out of stock'"
Likely David (Oldreddog) scooped up the lot and good luck to him :wink:
"Is there much difference in flavour between Plug form and Long Cut, or even RR?"
Joseph, the intensity of the flavour climbs from the Ready Rubbed to the Long Cut to the Plug version. The latter being by far the best of the three. However I generally have to make do with the Long Cut (flake) which is a popular OTC over here.
Regards,
Jay.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Is there much difference in flavour between Plug form and Long Cut, or even RR?

They all taste like Condor but their is a depth to a Plug that is hard to explain, and one can only find this kind of "depth" in a plug. Condor Long Cut will do but it's probably only a matter of time before that goes bye bye with no fair warning too.

Luckily I had feared this was coming and bought a whole bunch of the plugs a few months ago. It's just sad to see them taken off the market in Ireland of all places. The Long Cut and RR can still be found on the English market, but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.