PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
A recent post about a Tom Eltang Devil Anse pipe really got me interested in the shape. Then I remembered a friend telling me when I got a small Luciano Apple that it reminded him of a devil anse. Now that I think about it the size does seem to be very similar. I have never actually seen one in person and just wondered if I love this little Luciano (which I do) would something like maybe a moonshine pipes devil anse style fit in my wheel house. Or should this little Apple suffice for a devil anse style in my Arsenal? I am attaching a pic for reference.
image39-600x508.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
would something like maybe a moonshine pipes devil anse style fit in my wheel house.
His devil anse such as the one in his Blue Collar series pipes, I would say probably yes.
http://www.moonshinepipes.com/collections/the-blue-collar-series/products/blue-collar-devil-anse?variant=23652828611
His Deviled Egg shape however, which is shown as a Shiner Devil Anse in the Shiner Collection is actually quite hefty for a shorter pipe and might not be exactly what you're looking for. That being said. I have a deviled egg and I love it so much that I now have a second on the way. But if anyone wants one of these, you better hurry up. They're going quick. Smooths are already gone.
http://www.moonshinepipes.com/collections/the-shiner-collection/products/the-shiner-devil-anse-dark-contrast?variant=23847471043

Dec 28, 2015
You make some really good points Anthony. The one that is really calling to me is the whiskey blast deviled egg shown below:
image41-600x400.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
The one that is really calling to me is the whiskey blast deviled egg shown below:
I'd snag it if you can. I forgot to mention, Jonathan Lavezzo is discontinuing the deviled egg shape. I hope I can come up with a little extra cash to get one more before they're all gone.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Nothing wrong with that Luciano, though. I love their pipes.
Here is my devil Anse-ish, a briar bird.

bird-0616-600x448.jpg

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I'm sad noone caught my word play.
Anthony is right, get that from moonshine while you can! The shape is being extincted from them. And he does it SO well!

Dec 28, 2015
I'm sad noone caught my word play.
I did catch it and thought it was very clever and quite funny. I just didn't have any clever answer for it. Plus I did think you gave very good advice.. I am very close to pulling the trigger on that whiskey blast.

Jan 8, 2013
Congrats! I hope you like yours as well as I like mine. My second one should be enroute pretty soon if not already. I loved my first so much, I had to have another. To explain further how much I love the pipe.... I never buy straight pipes. I prefer the look of bents. My pipes have to have at least a slight curve to be appealing to me. But something about the Moonshine Deviled Egg just hits me and I love it. Still, when ordering my first one, I was still afraid that perhaps when I got it, I wouldn't be that happy with it and it might end up sitting and collecting dust. Once I had it in hand, I loved it even more. And once I smoked it, it was an instant favorite. The Deviled Egg smoked like a dream right from the get go, and in fact this past couple weeks it has been my go to pipe. I'm strongly looking forward to receiving the second one. And I'm saddened that Jonathan is discontinuing the shape. So if I have an opportunity to pick up a third, you bet I will. Great pipe, and in my opinion well worth more than what he sells them for.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Well, after staring at that Shiner Anise Whiskey Blast for a few weeks, I pulled the trigger. Yay! Thank y'all for making it all possible. ;)

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Gotta git me one of them thar lil ol beauties!! Or maybe one of each! And still cheaper (and safer) than home distilling!!!

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Here you go! Album: http://imgur.com/a/IF2sY

Opinion Thread: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/moonshine-pipes-%E2%80%93-devil-anse-%E2%80%93-whiskey-blast?replies=1#post-977948

Status
Not open for further replies.