PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Nice Yacht; nothing like 2 spots strait out of the water! Where in Alaska are you running out of? I spend a few weeks each year fishing in the northern Hecate (QCI), namely seeking the chinook and coho runs myself, but I also take my fair share of halibut, ling, and snapper, not to mention d'ness and 2 spots.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
We run weeklong trips between Sitka and Juneau. We are not a meat boat though, just enough fish for Nancy to cook up and serve. Here is a 34" Yellow Eye...biggest one we ever caught and only two inches shy of a state record.

bigyellow.jpg

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
I love fishing, that's what I've been doing everyday for the past 2 weeks! Hobie you should come visit me and fish Black Water river I've been hooking some big Bream and some striped bass. I caught a hugh carp a few days ago. So far this year the biggest catch was a 6.5ft Alligator Gar.

If you would want we could go hit the Gulf for some Redfish, I haven't been doing much salt water though because of the oil spill. I'm gonna get Charlie some time this spring I hope. He's a Big Blue Cat, a few of us have hooked him I myself have about five times. He's broken everyone's rods every time. I even lost a heavy duty saltwater rod to him! He's got a head on him that's about 1.5 feet wide he's a real monster, who loves to steal fish off your stringers and your stringer to if it's not tied off well.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I love fishing, that's what I've been doing everyday for the past 2 weeks! Hobie you should come visit me and fish Black Water river I've been hooking some big Bream and some striped bass.
I went to the Black Water river website and it looks like Bluegill Heaven.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Gorgeous yellow-eye, my favourite of the snapper species for eating (although a nice china-cod is pretty darn tasty too!). It's been awhile since I've come across any large snapper in our waters; everything is a tad on the perchy side. Don't get me wrong, one can still find all the species off our coast, but they are not given time to grow. The bigguns are going the way of the green ling, I fear. We're starting to see the same thing with sole, it's kind of brutal when dover is larger than the rock and petrale your pulling up.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
It's a nice brackish mix of freash ans salt water. There are plenty of species of sun fish in the river. Bluegills,shellcrackers,warmouths,longearand green to name a few I catch on the regular. It's fun to hit a bed of them and be suprized at the Hybreds and crosbreeds you can pull out. The turtles and baby gators can get on your nerves at times, stealing your bait or the fish you just hooked and haven't landed yet.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'm a river catfish man. I don't have any pictures at the moment. Hopefully this weekend :D
I can only assume that bowfishing for gar and carp would also be allowed in this thread. no pictures of that either because the pc that had them crashed and burned last fall in a lightning storm.

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
I went fishing last week and caught a freakin gar. Scared the sh** outa me. Whoever let the thing loose in that lake had a sick sense of humor.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I'm counting down the days until the season starts here in Saskatchewan. I'm going out for rainbows and walleye, after I move away from here I won't be catching walleye for a long long time.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
went to a farm pond Friday. using baits that make.here is a video.

http://youtu.be/XWqv885HvBg

davebell30

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
Yesterday the fishing season opened up here in Wisconsin. Time for Friday night fresh fish frys again. UMMM Good

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
In Kentucky,my main fishing is catfish.I do quite a bit of bluegilling also.Ill post some pics soon of some monster cats

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Every spring around this time vast amounts of herring gather in the archipelago here and so it's become kind of a tradition for me and my father to go out and catch a bucket-full at least once every year. It's fun trying to beat each other in number of herrings caught at a time, which depending on how many hooks you use can be quite a lot (I think I got 6 at most with 8 or so hooks on the line, two got away before I could unhook them though).
I'd estimate we caught a hundred or so in an hour :)
bucket-o-fish.jpg

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
I honestly havn't caught anything for about 2 years. Mostly I just go now for the relative silence and how relaxing it is. Usually go for Carp if bored, or fresh water trout when I'm hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies.