PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
If you copy the unique pipe ID number from your sales record, you can enter it into the search engine and it should pull the pipe up for you. A bit cumbersome but it will show the page that has the pipe with the dimensions, etc.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos,
It took P&C forever to get their details posted. I can't imagine how long it would take smokingpipes.
SP is not PC and lumping them together is not fair. SP is way better at customer service and much more willing to go out of their way to make a customer happy than PC is. Hell PC lost my account and after 6 months of trying to even create a new one( the reps couldn't do it either), I gave up and have never done business with them again.
Measuring the inside of the shank takes all of 2 seconds with the right tool. I have seen my buddy Zack do it tons of times so it is not a big deal.
MLC, I sent a pm to Ted asking him to take a look at this thread, he might not get to it right away as I am sure he is swamped getting ready for Chicago.

Harris, you could volunteer your time to go do that for them. Two seconds a piece, you could have it whipped out in... a day, right? And, you'd be doing your service to the hobby for all of us out here. I think that would be a great idea. People would sing your praises.
And, my own personal experience is that P&C rocks on customer service. Every issue that I've had was resolved with expert precision. But, so does smokingpipes. All of our sponsors here are tiptop best of the best. :wink:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos, lolol. I will move from Sarasota Fl to South Carolina so I can measure pipes for SP, yeah that's the ticket. With the same tool used for measuring shank dimensions they could also measure wall thickness and really make people happy. SP has always been an industry leader and they could really out do the competition with these new dimensions.

Just for a day... Ha ha. I'm just yanking your chain.
Although, having had to just measure stones in doing the end of year inventory, I wouldn't wish having to measure a whole store's worth of pipes on anyone. It never goes as fast as it would seem. But, that's why they pay those pipe salesmen the big bucks, right? :puffy:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with Harris, P&C is not even in the same ballpark as SPC.
When I was on a Peterson kick I was constantly emailing SPC asking questions, will it pass a pipe cleaner, how is the drilling, can you send me more pics? None of these pipes were above $150 and SPC never failed to deliver.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
SP has spoiled me with their measurements and photos of the pipe for sale. The only thing I would like added is a picture showing relative size. Al Pascia uses a Czech Tool. A tobacco tin would work, too. It could be without a label to neutralize advertising anything particular. The videos help, but sometimes I want to see the full length and the presenter isn't showing it while holding the pipe.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I' am not taking away from the improvements suggested,
Hey, making suggestions doesn't take anything away from SP.
Did I miss something here bigpond? I was trying to articulate that I was not negating the suggestions! 8O

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I' am not taking away from the improvements suggested,
Hey, making suggestions doesn't take anything away from SP.
Did I miss something here bigpond? I was trying to articulate that I was not negating the suggestions! 8O
Nope. Sorry if it came across that way.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
No problem here either, bigpond. :) Always harder to communicate in writing, for me anyway.
I really do not like having to call about specific pipes. I look at it as lost time if I was interested in it, and a waste of time if it turns out to be too short, long, or whatever. Just my attitude, but I think many buyers feel this way when shopping online.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
coss, I knew you were just busting balls, no worries pal. I honestly believe that if they had these extra dimensions it would save them money in the long run. Think about how many phone calls they have too field answering questions that would no longer be necessary. They would have less time on the phone, and would be able to spend that time doing something more productive like mmeasuring the shanks and walls for all those pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.