PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I told Wallbright I'd post photos of the Darnell Mini Churchwarden he was kind enough to sell me, so here it is before completely sanding down to bare wood, re-cutting the grooves, new stain and finish....and bending the stem a bit. (pun intended)

Before

100_0663.jpg

after

100_0675.jpg

before

100_0665.jpg

after

100_0678.jpg

before

100_0666.jpg

after

100_0684.jpg

It's only 7 inches long and the perfect size for a quick bowl in the recliner after a great dinner. :mrgreen:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
FS3 Dark Walnut mixed with denatured alcohol from;
http://www.pimopipecraft.com/tools.html

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
nice work. i still need to improve my polishing skills. may send you that big pipe. :worship:

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Very nice! I am glad it turned out so well for you. Sorry you have to keep restaining the pipes though :lol:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
It was only there for "decoration" as the shank/stem is a mortise & tenon fit as opposed to a screw-in.
Made of aluminum, and not very well made at that,….it had a burr on it that was tearing up the end of the shank and had to go.
Turns out it’s a great little smoker! I was pleasantly surprised.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha I could tell it would be a good smoker and I think I told you that? I don't remember but once I cleaned the airway and took the stinger out I knew it had potential. I am just glad it found such a great home where you would take time to spruce up a $15 pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.