PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I have not tried roasting coffee beans myself (yet), but I do enjoy making the best possible coffee at home.

My favourite way to drink coffee is in a macchiato, which is a double shot of espresso with a small amount of frothed milk.

There is a local coffee roaster that stocks the local supermarket with freshly roasted beans. I picked up three bags of their coffee beans that were roasted 5 days ago.

Coincidentally, I just finished a bag of Starbucks espresso beans that my mother-in-law brought over from the US as a gift from her brother to me. I really appreciated the gesture, and felt I should finish the bag out of gratitude.

When I switched back to the fresh locally roasted beans, it really made me appreciate the quality and taste of a good home made coffee. It has sort of spoiled going out for coffees sometimes, because I often think to myself “I could have done better myself”.

I normally smoke at night so haven’t tried the coffee-pipe combo yet.

Here is a photo of my home espresso machine

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I roasted my own for several years until I moved to an area with multiple good roasters.

I only roast my own because I live in a small town in the forest, with no roaster around. If I could reliably get fresh roasted beans, I would spend the time on other things.

Likewise, you’ll know the situation got bad if you see me planting tobacco.

Sand, you owe it to your self to try some fresh Penzance if you get the chance. Imagine everything you enjoyed about that bowl but bolder. Not better or worse just bolder.

I have to admit that it was a little mellower that I thought it would be and certainly chalked it up to its age. I have some fresh, I just have to muster up the stones to open it :) That and I gotta get through some of this first. This is what I already have opened. According to my (anal) spreadsheet I have 49 different blends and 14 blending tobaccos opened....

I have not tried roasting coffee beans myself (yet), but I do enjoy making the best possible coffee at home.

My favourite way to drink coffee is in a macchiato, which is a double shot of espresso with a small amount of frothed milk.

There is a local coffee roaster that stocks the local supermarket with freshly roasted beans. I picked up three bags of their coffee beans that were roasted 5 days ago.

Coincidentally, I just finished a bag of Starbucks espresso beans that my mother-in-law brought over from the US as a gift from her brother to me. I really appreciated the gesture, and felt I should finish the bag out of gratitude.

When I switched back to the fresh locally roasted beans, it really made me appreciate the quality and taste of a good home made coffee. It has sort of spoiled going out for coffees sometimes, because I often think to myself “I could have done better myself”.

I normally smoke at night so haven’t tried the coffee-pipe combo yet.

Here is a photo of my home espresso machine

View attachment 5550
Finding a good roaster and a good tobacconist. Perfect.. Espresso is the Proper way to drink coffee! Of course I am not serious..... But seriously. I have been a night pipe smoker. 1 pipe at night so the coffee thing was a surprise to me. If you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself.

This is what I fire up every morning. PENZANCE AND COFFEE PARTY AT MY HOUSE! Who's coming??? :)

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Finding a good roaster and a good tobacconist. Perfect.. Espresso is the Proper way to drink coffee! Of course I am not serious..... But seriously. I have been a night pipe smoker. 1 pipe at night so the coffee thing was a surprise to me. If you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself.

This is what I fire up every morning. PENZANCE AND COFFEE PARTY AT MY HOUSE! Who's coming??? :)

View attachment 5568

Wow, that is certainly a step up from my machine. Together with the roaster you’ve got an awesome setup there.

I’ll give the coffee and pipe a try sometime soon. I have recently tried puerh tea with a pipe which was a great combination. I much prefer my coffee over tea though.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I am in for some nice beanie roasting. There's a great roasted in Floyd, VA named Red Rooster great people and great products.

I have not gone down the self roasting route myself but Am always willing to try other people's mistakes!!

Profitec 500 PID..pretty decent single boiler machine which serves me well several times daily!!5571

Reactions: Casual
I am in for some nice beanie roasting. There's a great roasted in Floyd, VA named Red Rooster great people and great products.

I have not gone down the self roasting route myself but Am always willing to try other people's mistakes!!

Profitec 500 PID..pretty decent single boiler machine which serves me well several times daily!!View attachment 5571
Great machine! I see you didn't skimp on your scale either... bdw

Status
Not open for further replies.