PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry about your dad. That's a terrible thing. +1 for the marijuana medicating here. My buddy has Parkinson's. He's an artist. When he shakes he can't draw. Marijuana is the only thing that stops him from shaking so he can work. I'm not sure if this is due to the THC or the CBD's in the plant but it's an option for your dad to consider that may improve quality of life. My prayers and well wishes to you and yours bigpond.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thank you all for your kindness.
His condition has taken us all by surprise as he didn't display any of the typical symptoms, he just started falling down one day.
Dan, yes, my GP did prescribe tobacco. He's retiring this year and is enjoying a laissez faire attitude in our dealings, he's also a friend.
Fluffie, my dad is an artist, a fancier of the green leaf and a now a Mass state resident. They legalized growing for your own use last year. I think even with out this my parents would be spending a lot of time in the garden this year!
Jitterbug, thanks for the research fodder. I have a feeling fasting will be a natural consequence, unless he does indulge in that other piping.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
My buddy has Parkinson's. He's an artist. When he shakes he can't draw. Marijuana is the only thing that stops him from shaking so he can work.
FWIW, I just saw a report on Parkinsons where amazingly they discovered that if patients practiced cycling for awhile, their symptoms went away for a long time!
Treatment

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
^ Thanks toobfreak. I'm a firm believer in natural remedies. I believe even more in natural remedies that will leave us more lucid. Cycling fits the bill. I'll check out the link. My friend and I are due for a visit soon. You're suggestion will certainly be a topic of conversation.

Happy smokes to all!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Bigpond, I am also sorry to hear this and I wish him the best.
There is nothing to say after Jitterbugdude's post but I read an article some time ago which said that smoking 2 cigarettes a day prevents Parkinson's disease.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
I'm very sorry to hear this. My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's almost 20 years ago now. He is still around, playing in a bocce league four times a week, and has a reasonable quality of life. I've seen a lot of deterioration in 20 years, but it's always hard to say what of that is attributable to the disease and what to other factors...bad back, heart issue, pushing 80 years old now. His doctor has been very aggressive with treatment.
Anyway, this is to say that it's possible to have many good years, even decades, after the diagnosis. My thoughts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.