Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Dx65FGp.jpg

Left

Kyriazanos Lovat, Blasted Billiard, and Smooth Billiard
Right

Dunhill 1924 Liverpool, 1945 Billiard, and 1923 Billiard
The pipe rest is 19th century French (as far as I know). It was a gift from friends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Beautiful set and love that stand!

I used to do the pipe rotation thing, then after accumulating so many, I just pick a pipe I'm in the mood for.

M

Thanks Embers. I'm a one, two, or three bowls a day smoker so six keeps me content. I used to have 20 or 30 pipes, and too many of them got neglected so I cut things down.

M

I keep thinking I have too many pipes.......then I buy another.
It's probably an OCD thing for me. I still buy them, but when one comes in one goes out. I don't sell/trade them immediately, but do over time reevaluate and let them go if and when I feel ready.
I can't afford this approach with things like cars so I implore it through pipes. I've at times had only had one pipe. Needless to say I don't get too connected to inanimate objects.

Jan 8, 2013
I got to where I felt like I was neglecting some pipes, even though they were great looking pipes and great smokers. So now I switch out my rotation weekly, and I try to be sure to pick at least a couple pipes that haven't been smoked in a while. Now it seems they're all getting some use, like they should.
I love that pipe stand, by the way. I don't recall seeing one like that before. Very nice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Extra uptown pipes and a handsome rotation. Most racks show off the pipes, but your pipes show off the rack! My rotation is about 80, and they run the range from a Ferndown and Ser Jacopo, to mostly mid-grade factory pipes, to a number of MM cobs and less expensive factory pipes. Lots of good pipes gotten as gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.