PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Hello again,

I'm looking for some advice on my next purchase . Here's my current cellar in no particular order. The full jars and tins are for long-term cellaring, the rest are in rotation of some sort or another. You'll notice a few blends have multiple jars.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/OrganizedMadman/library/Cellar

what else should I add to the long-term cellar? Something that ages extremely well.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I was about to recommend you add a big box of Nate, till I saw you said "something that ages well" :(

I'd recommend SPC Ms River! It'll be epic in a couple or few years, like a fine bordeaux.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Get yerself plenty of McClelland Virginias and let them get happy! I also think GL Pease stuff ages well. Might I suggest some GL Pease Haddo's?
FYI- in October P&C is having a huge sale on Hearth & Home Tobaccos- load up on Anniversary Kake!
How do you attach your labels to the jars? I like that.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Nice assortment! Here's a few ideas, McCranie's Red Ribbon and/or Red Flake for a superb Red Virginia, F&T Cut VIrginia Plug, John Aylesbury Luxury Flake - a fine Virginia flake that tastes like it's been married to a chocolate malt, St Bruno, Brigham's Klondike Gold.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I would definitely do more Virginia flakes, and VaPers. Conspicuously absent are Gawith Full Virginia Flake or St. James Flake. I would also recommend trying to smoke through that rather wide array of open tins you have to figure out what styles of tobacco you prefer- that way you aren't cellaring a bunch of stuff that my might not even like.

Status
Not open for further replies.