2 Fresh J. Alan Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
That’s a bit high for Prince Albert for me anyways. I understand we have to support our B&Ms, but their costs aren’t gonna be getting any lower. So, we have to take the hit occasionally to maintain the relationship. Usually, this relationship results in you being in the know for “drops” and such, which to me is worth it for the bigger picture. ?☕

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
That’s a bit high for Prince Albert for me anyways. I understand we have to support our B&Ms, but their costs aren’t gonna be getting any lower. So, we have to take the hit occasionally to maintain the relationship. Usually, this relationship results in you being in the know for “drops” and such, which to me is worth it for the bigger picture. ?☕
I spent $ on a pipe, lighters & a stand at a B&M just to support them. I personally can't justify paying double $ for tobacco so that's only online for me.

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

AKinser79

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Central Florida
I just paid 74.95 for 13 ounces of Prince Albert. 85% tax in Florida. I’ll buy it somewhere else next time I’m on the road. It really doesn’t make sense but I paid it because with the cost of gas, it doesn’t pay to travel far just to save a few dollars. What does Prince Albert cost where you are?

Sounds like you bought your PA in either a tourist trap city, or in one of the Blue enclaves. I just picked some up tuesday and spend 60 bucks for a 14oz tub.

The thing about Florida that a lot of outsiders don't get is that we don't have a state income tax, so we have a high sales tax instead. Also local governments often have sales taxes of their own. A few localities have their own sin taxes--Orlando, Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville come to mind. In the hinterlands of Florida (yes we do have them) tobacco prices are much more reasonable.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Sounds like you bought your PA in either a tourist trap city, or in one of the Blue enclaves. I just picked some up tuesday and spend 60 bucks for a 14oz tub.

The thing about Florida that a lot of outsiders don't get is that we don't have a state income tax, so we have a high sales tax instead. Also local governments often have sales taxes of their own. A few localities have their own sin taxes--Orlando, Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville come to mind. In the hinterlands of Florida (yes we do have them) tobacco prices are much more reasonable.
While visiting my sister in Florida I do buy the allowed 7 oz for myself and 7oz for my wife to bring back to Canada. I was fortunately in the hinterlands and the prices were much better than Canada.

Reactions: timelord

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Oh I pray that doesn’t happen in Texas! I just bought 18 oz today from the local shop for $148. About $7/oz.