PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesconable

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Virginia
I'm looking forward to trying out all the different blends. I'm definitely a fan of Cavendish...and if this Captain Black is as far below par than the other offerings I can't wait to try them.
I have to pick up some more febreeze..I exhausted my last bottle trying to get the horrible cigarette smell out of our SUV from driving back to Maryland from PA. It doesn't help that I smoke 2 on the way to work and 2 on the way back either.
I'm going to try and enjoy a bowl every morning before I head to work. Funny thing about the pipe is that it actually keeps me satisfied. I had a nice 30 min smoke session and could of gotten another 5 if my wife wasn't pestering me about why it was taking so long to smoke hahaha.
I love the smell of...myself...after I smoke a bowl. It's amazing. Pipe smoke doesn't seem to be as aggressive as cigarette smoke is. I can't even smell it on my jacket any more and neither can my wife.
I can't help but carry my empty pipe with me either haha.
I'll have to check out LJ Peretti. What are some of the more pleasant smelling blends to non smokers?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My wife thinks CAO Cherry Bomb smells the best of all my aros. It's not my favorite to smoke, though. It's justa a once in awhile smoke.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
My wife like the smell of (in order of preference high to low)

* Peterson Holiday Season 2011

* MacBaren Vanilla Cream

* AC Peterson Mark Twain
They're all pretty strong aromatics though. She definitely doesn't care for the Kendal Kentucky. But I smoke outside anyways. She'll join me outside if I'm smoking those three above. Or I'll make sure to light up one of those if we're sitting outside.
I also have the following two Cornell and Diehl that are supposed to have a nice room note (but not opened yet)

* Repose

* Autumn Evening
If you're looking for something specific, the advanced search feature on tobaccoreviews.com absolutely rocks !
Good luck

cesconable

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Virginia
Thanks guys. I'll have to check them out. I'll be hitting up the local tobacco store at some point. I'm compiling a list of things to sample. Until then I'll enjoy my Captain Black and Nightcap once it comes in.
I have run across tobaccoreviews during my query last night....but didn't spend much time on the site. I'll check it out. Sure to be a useful tool.

Jul 12, 2011
Here is another IMP Meer I tend to smoke on hot summer nights...she smokes like a dream... :puffy:

imp-smoothcalabashwithsilver.jpg

I have only had the Royal and #333, think #333 would be a good choice (if you like burley blends) I will let you know of other blends as some other brothers of briar and I are getting together a nice TAD list for Peretti blends to share very soon :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.