PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have one. It's a 2001 4407, shell prince. It is an outstanding smoker.
I can't see buying another new one ever. I just don't see the value.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I have a handful of Dunhills and they smoke as well as my other pipes, not better, but about the same. Have only a couple out of ca. 70 pipes that smoke noticeably worse than the others. One's mileage will vary!

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I've recently acquired two new Dunhills: one an unsmoked '07 panel, the other a '16 stubby bulldog.

Both provide a transcendent smoking experience surrounded by amazing briar and the highest quality stem.

But wait.

My experience might have been skewed: I have only smoked Stonehaven in the panel, and Penzance in the bulldog.

---

As suggested above, fair market Dunhill shopping for new Dunhills is best had in Milan.

I think this link will present you with over three hundred stunning (Dunhill) pipes:

http://www.alpascia.com/pipes/p/find/-p4/?filter=----15013--0-

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Am still considering drilling drainage holes in the bottom of mine to grow bonsai in.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Just as with electric guitars, (ya gotta have at least one Les Paul) ya gotta have at least one Dunhill...
Personally, I prefer Charatan's and Sasieni's, and not just because of the name, as my favorite Brit pipes. But I do own and smoke Dunhills that are 70 and older that are nice pipes.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I only heard of Dunhill brand's status here... It's good to know about its history, but other than that I'm unimpressed. I get regular updates by email from smokingpipes.com and Dunhill's are often featured, until now haven't even investigated them, there designs are fairly dull... When I saw the prices I was shocked!
I could list many brands I would take over those designs any day... Although at least I've learned about their past fame.
I drink scotch whisky regularly and many expensive single malts are over rated, though some are fine. Seems like that situation plays out a lot, including with Dunhill pipes.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's like so many things in life, blends, automobiles, underwear, spouses, etc., a matter of personal preference. Other opinions simply should be ignored. Unless of course, one is insecure and overly sensitive as to what others think of their personal choices.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
It's like so many things in life, blends, automobiles, underwear, spouses, etc., a matter of personal preference. Other opinions simply should be ignored. Unless of course, one is insecure and overly sensitive as to what others think of their personal choices.
May be the best post of the year.

Aug 14, 2012
Check James Barber's site. They are a UK tobacconist that goes back to around 1876. Good prices. How good depends on the exchange rate. Last time I checked it was better on Euros than Pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.