PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

xolotalmungin

Aug 30, 2012
Oakland
Info needed. I have a Corona made Old Boy style pipe lighter. Does anyone know who services these? From what I remember, people said the US Savinelli folks dealt with them, but they are no longer in business.

mrenglish

Preferred Member
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Unfortunately, there are no US repair facilities. When Laudisi took over Savinelli distribution, repairing lighters did not come with the deal. When I contacted SPC, they said to either wait awhile (6-8 weeks) for news or contact the IM Corona parent company, whose name is escaping me at the moment.

seakayak

Preferred Member
Sep 21, 2010
I know it can be done. I had an Im Corona that was more than 10 years old. I brought it into my local tobacconist and told him about the problem. He said, "no problem" and sent it somewhere. Three weeks later, I had it back in perfect condition. When I asked "how much", he said there would be no charge. Very nice people, these Im Corona folks.

mrenglish

Preferred Member
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Right before Savinelli shut down I sent in two Old Boy's and a Pipe Master. They completely rebuilt the lighters with new parts and the only charge was for a new tamp on the Pipe Master. I heard a couple fellas got their lighters back w/o being repaired though. Hopefully, they will announce a new lighter repair facility here in the USA soon.

carytobacco

Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Music City Marketing just announced earlier this week that they are now distributing IM Corona lighters, and handling repairs. Contact them.

mrenglish

Preferred Member
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
From another forum:
Hello -
Yes, we are now repairing all IM Corona lighters.
If you have need of repair, please send the lighter, along with $9.00, to MCM Inc. 477 McNally Dr Nashville, TN 37211
Include, if you will, a description of the issues you've had with your lighter, and mark the outer packaging "Corona Repair". We'll get it fixed and returned to you ASAP (around a week).
Hope you have a lovely holiday --
Mara