PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plains

Lurker
Sep 4, 2011
I've had my Old Boy for two years, and sorry to say I've not treated it too kindly. It'd been dropped more than once on the concrete floor in my shop and was getting increasingly hard to strike a light. Over Thanksgiving weekend I decided to send it to Music City for repair. Their website described their repair policy for lighter repair - a flat $35.00 charge. A few days after I sent it I called to give them a Visa number and was told that it'd already been repaired but that their policy was to keep it for two weeks to test it before returning, and that the charge wouldn't be run on my card until it was shipped.

I received it today. The invoice details the work performed: "replaced tank filters, burner valve and spring, lid, flint pipe, flint wheel, cap axis, cap spring and axis, roller axis screw".

I essentially have a new lighter and can't say how pleased I am with the experience. I'd forgotten what it was like new. I can't say enough regarding the experience I had with Music City.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
Do they repair any kind of lighter? I was thinking of buying an old German pipe lighter and having it sent for repairs

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
They repaired my 60 year old PipoeMaster for the same $35.00. Couldn't be happier with their customer service.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
It used to be like $10 only a year ago. I had two repaired and thought they must be getting a huge kickback from Corona. $10 was highway robbery. $35 seems much more reasonable. I have one more to send them I guess I shouldn't have waited, lol.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
They did good by me, I think they eventually replaced everything but the case for a 15yo pipemaster for $9. Even at $35 that would be a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.