PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I would LOVE to smell inside the space they work."
Stan, just open the door to your tobacco cellar and take a whiff......that should give you an idea of what it smells like :rofl:
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
smokingpipes/C&D/et al are betting on the pipes and pipe tobacco market, so if there is business remaining after the regulatory siege, they will happily inherit the market from those who feel it is time to drop out. I don't know how this will work out for the corporate entity or the individual leadership, staff and employees, but as the old military saying goes, "Fortune favors the bold." So far I think they've made good well-calculated choices and have certainly earned the appreciation of a wide customer base. I won't list the favors they have done me, but I am always impressed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Someone needs to design hair nets for workers that don't look silly, maybe incorporated with a not-unattractive hat, or something that doesn't look wimpy and institutional. I always feel a pang of sympathy for people who have to wear hair nets in their work, my desire for sanitation notwithstanding.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Working in food manufacturing over the years, I've never had a problem wearing hair nets but wearing a beard net is beyond annoying and just plain sucks.
And more good news, Bijou is back on the shelves at SPC too.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
He doesn't look too happy.
ppr-bp.jpg

I was just reading the C&D history. So, they've gone from enough equipment to fill a van, to a utility room sized location, to a garage sized location, and now they are in an area about the size of garage bay. Maybe one day they will get their own building. Maybe one of those that can be just dropped off from the back of a truck? :puffy:

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
He doesn't look too happy.
LOL no kidding. And then you're in a hot factory with all that crap on your head and face! I just found it easier to shave the beard if I had to work "in the field" in a food plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.