PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
What is your take on CBS's "Blue Bloods." If we could get Selleck to smoke a pipe in an episode, sales would explode and women would be divinely happy.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My wife is a big fan of the show. We both like Selleck a lot. A pipe for his character would add another dimension and compliment the way he stays cool and contemplative. Write the producers and suggest it. I'd love to see a pipe smoking NY police commissioner.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have ALWAYS liked Tom Selleck. My smart assed mooching cat is named Thomas Sullivan Magnum...
His movies are great. I keep meaning to look up and order "The Slow Road to China".
I regularly watch "Quigley Down Under" and "The Sacketts".
When he started playing Jesse Stone in the Robert B. Parker based movies, it took me a while to say goodbye to the grin, the swagger, and the lightness.
That said, I Love all those films and fervently hope he produces another one.
I immediately started watching Blue Bloods. To me though it took him a whole season to not be Jesse Stone IMHO.
During that time it gave me time to really get into the kids, the kids' kids and the dad. So once Selleck become more animated in season two the show just settled down into Damned Fine Television.
I am also a big fan of Donnie Wahlberg. (though not of NKOTB...)

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
I don't think that they can show smoking on network television anymore.
"If we could get Selleck to smoke a pipe in an episode, sales would explode"....and I think this is why the anti-smoking crowd had the networks stop :wink:

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
right...network televsion can't show smoking so that our children will not be enticed to engage in such ill reputed activities that will ciphon the morality right out of them...
But Miley Cyrus is A OK??? Real Housewives is OK??? Kim EFFING Kardash-i-whatever the hell her name is is GOOD TV??
It makes me shake my head. Get on here and interact with the guys and gals who are a part of this community for a week or two, and you will realize the moral compass within is pretty straight. With a few exceptions, there are a bunch of GREAT people here... but since we are smokers... we must have been spawned from Beelzebub. As such we must be irradicated, lest we contaminate the bergeoning youth of tomorrow. But Miley Cyrus... Miley TWERKING Cyrus is packaged for public consumption and shoveled upon our kids as if she were Mary Poppins.
OK rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.