PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I first tried this in 2014 and my first impression was so-so. The blend has 4 VA's, 40% Perique and the blend was somewhat smooth for the percentage of Perique and not very spicy.
So I jarred it and now at over 4 years old I decided to try it again. I like it a lot better then when I first tried it. Much smoother and the blend has melded. The hay and grass notes are still there but more subdued and I seem to get a richer smoke then before. Time has helped this blend.

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Good report! I recently found a half pound that I jarred 3 or 4 years ago (it had been in storage since we moved). I expected to smell what one would think heaven smells like, but it smell more like dirty fishing socks. I was nearly heartbroken so I closed the lid and put it back on the shelf. A couple of weeks passed and I opened the jar again to smell and it was heavenly! Maybe I’ll smoke a bowl tomorrow!

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I would love to buy this blend as i am big VaPer head, but 4noggins doesn't make it anymore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Va and Va/Per will improve with aging if anything will. Glad to hear this worked for you with this blend.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I smoked a lot of this blend in the effort to smoke budget tobacco, but I finally gave it up, and I really can't say why I lost interest. If I had to do it over, I'd smoke something of higher quality, perhaps a C&D VA/Perique as they are cheaper. The blender didn't like perique but still wanted to do a blend, and pronounced the outcome a "fluke."

Status
Not open for further replies.