PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
If I'm cooking something complex with a lot of cookware and converging finish times, there's nothing like good, old-fashioned rave music - Jonathan Kaspar, Deer Jade, and the inimitable DJ Hell are recent favorites. If I'm entertaining guests while cooking, I reach back a hundred years for something cozy like Rudy Vallee, Fats Waller, the Ink Spots, or somesuch.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
If it's long and detailed--I hate to say it, it sounds so precious--classical music. Bach-through-Mozart era. If I'm just putting together my signature spaghetti and meatballs for the family, something funky. Ray Charles, Otis, Prince, Aretha, James Brown...I've got an endless playlist of favorite famous and obscure various style funk old and new funk.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've recently been eating plant based. I'm eating whole foods like vegetables, grains, and fruits. I've been eating like this for about 3 weeks and I feel much better. I don't get incredible hunger pangs or cravings for those beloved sweets that have propelled me to this point.
My energy level has been more evenly paced and my thought processing seems improved.
Eliminating simple carbohydrates is my mantra. Replacing processed food with whole foods that I process by cutting, steaming, roasting, or sometimes pan frying.
Black coffee, no milk, cream, or sugar. Lots of water.
Food is medicine and I am not taking ANY prescription medicine at this juncture. I feel great!
As Joni said: 'we've got to get ourselves, back to the garden'.