PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Enjoying tobacco must go hand in hand with enjoying food and drink and all things sensorily affected.. But to wax less poetic, I love good food! My wife is an excellent cook (funny aside, the first question my father asked me when I said I was going to propose to my bonnie lass was "is she a good cook?" True story!) Enjoying the gustatory delights as I do, I try my best as a recipe follower and occasional improvisor myself, and am often stepping up to the stove. Tonight putting together this dish and whilst sauteing the mushrooms, decided to punch up the music. Dialed in some Fatboy Slim, cranked it up and was just the ticket! :) How 'bout you? Anyone have any particular music they like to tune into while turning out dinner?
(bonus, the Fatboy slim pandora radio next served up Cobrastyle... definitely got my groove on!) :col:

Jan 25, 2024
It's wonderful that you have a go-to playlist for your cooking sessions, especially when preparing delightful dishes like pasta with ham and cheese. Music has a way of enhancing the overall enjoyment of the moment. Whether it's Fatboy Slim or another favorite artist, the right soundtrack can turn a simple meal preparation, such as crafting a delicious pasta with ham and cheese, into a memorable and enjoyable experience. Happy cooking, and may your kitchen adventures continue to be filled with delicious flavors and good music!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
While in a professional kitchen, Tool was the most common. Other loud, angry music was great getting through the dinner rush (especially if there was a catchy chorus).

Oldies with a groove (Sam and Dave) or hip hop also got us through.

At home, I don't listen to much music anymore.

Reactions: Scottmi

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
It's wonderful that you have a go-to playlist for your cooking sessions, especially when preparing delightful dishes like pasta with ham and cheese. Music has a way of enhancing the overall enjoyment of the moment. Whether it's Fatboy Slim or another favorite artist, the right soundtrack can turn a simple meal preparation, such as crafting a delicious pasta with ham and cheese, into a memorable and enjoyable experience. Happy cooking, and may your kitchen adventures continue to be filled with delicious flavors and good music!
@jpmcwjr A ham&cheese spammer!

• Haha
Reactions: Scottmi and jpmcwjr

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
While in a professional kitchen, Tool was the most common. Other loud, angry music was great getting through the dinner rush (especially if there was a catchy chorus).

Oldies with a groove (Sam and Dave) or hip hop also got us through.

At home, I don't listen to much music anymore.
“Jesus Christ why don’t you come save my life! Tool is good music for just about everything. However, I like to listen to post punk stuff like the Psychedelic Furs when I cook. Dunno why but that shit just has the right groove.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
“Jesus Christ why don’t you come save my life! Tool is good music for just about everything. However, I like to listen to post punk stuff like the Psychedelic Furs when I cook. Dunno why but that shit just has the right groove.
Restaurant cooks love Tool.

My personal range is across the board, but punk, metal, and hard rock dominate (especially with a groove or from the soul).

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Professor Longhair, Dr. John, or The Lost Bayou Ramblers if I’m making gumbo or red beans & rice. Old school punk, grunge or 80’s metal for almost anything else. Bluegrass &/or Newgrass when I’m on the smoker.
If my wife & I are in the kitchen together we usually compromise with The Black Crowes, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, or Anders Osborne. Sometimes TSwift if I’ve been a kitchen nazi.

Reactions: Scottmi