PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Nearly all reviews comment on its floral soapiness, and most even call it a lakeland.

not arguing Embers but Belfast is not and never has been in the Lake district so its not a lakeland blend :D but I can see how you could migrate from Condor to lakeland blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
not arguing Embers but Belfast is not and never has been in the Lake district
It's gone beyond a location moniker to a type. Much as English just refers to a Latakia blend not an England made tobacco. To many, Lakeland just denotes a heavily floral tobacco.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Ended up not being able to get any Stonehenge flake. Man this is crap.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
werebear, where do you reside? I think Maltan RR has a lot of similarities but it’s only available in Ireland. Some other tobaccos that have a similar vibe are HU Hadde’s Best Irish & HU Sissinghurst.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
The nearest smoke I can think of that remotely resembles, and I emphasise 'remotely' is time aged St. Bruno Flake.
It has that 'creaminess' that Condor has but the flavouring isn't the same.
Give some St. Bruno about five years then though absolutely not Condor, it will bring back memories to those who have forgotten its unique flavour.
Worth a try methinks.
Regards,
Jay.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
That's be a bit of a drive from here, Tennessee, hawky454. But I can wish though.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
WEREBEAR- STONEHENGE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TASTING /SMELLING LIKE CONDOR,AS I'VE SMOKED BOTH,CONDOR IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.YOU WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED.

MY LAST ORDER OF CONDOR CAME FROM PIPEDIVAN.COM IN IRELAND.SOMEONE ( A WEALTHY SOMEONE)NEEDS TO BUY THE RECIPIE,AND GIVE IT A GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.