PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
This spring I decided to be smart about my yard- I laid down about 1" of dirt, reseeded and now I'm waiting for it to pop up :) No mowing, etc for several weeks. Heck, if it stays wet and cloudy the seed might die. Then I'll have to do it over again and wait that much longer to get out the mower.

Idiot or genius? YOU DECIDE!! :)

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I enjoy puffing a pipe while mowing the lawn, normally a med. english in a cob and a cold beer in the cup holder on the mower.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
17.jpg

I have an acre lot with a huge sunny backyard full of grass to mow and a riding mower. I bought a tractor mower for my son who at the time wasn’t old enough to drive a car… well now he is 17 and a senior in high school and I have learned that he must be a descendent of Houdini.
So should I give my neighbors something to talk about by putting in about a third of an acre in tobacco? I think a little tobacco shed would look real cute at the back of my lot.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah... it’s a great place to enjoy a cup of joe with the paper and pipe in the morning, but my favorite time is a cool fall evening with a nice warm fire, a good scotch and a pipe loaded with a good English blend.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Every time I read this thread title it makes me chuckle.
JC sweet set up. I do think you need a tobacco plot, and maybe a putting green?
Anyway...my chief complaint about Spring is it brings bug season to TX. Namely FLIES! Right now is when it starts. Flies! Flies. Everywhere flies. Not biters or even overly TX sized. Just regularm old house flies. But thicker than thieves. It's jsut a fact of life from now until maybe August or later.
I've threatened to take the .870 to them more than once. But usually I just stalk around with a fly swatter.
Of course as my wife is quick to point out they wouldn't get in the house if I didn't leave the back door open while grilling and so the dogs can come and go at their leisure. But hey a dogs gotta live a little ya know?
Thus the pimped out screen door I referenced in another thread.
Next thread, complaints about summer or in my case, complaints about an obstinate old pontoon boat and fish that refuse to bite.

soren

Lurker
Apr 6, 2010
Well, I hate cats. Every spring and throughout summer all of the neighborhood cats come to my garden to crap.
Very annoying!

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Lawrence... Do they taste like chicken?
Soren... what you need is a Jack Russell Terrier. I have one and he is afraid of nothing… he will chase and torment any animal big or small that comes into our yard… cats, dogs, rabbits, deer, raccoons, and even skunks (that one wasn’t funny).

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Lawrence... if you ever get lost and find yourself way up North stop by and test out my patio... I'll breakout the good scotch. By the way my Jack's name is Harley. I told the wife that he was my midlife Harley and then a couple years later I came home with a Road King.
Phil... You’re a very sick man and that’s just one of the things I like about you. Phil you can come to, well as long as you promise to stay away from my daughters.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
OK JC,

I guess I have to show real photo of myself.

Just me, my wife, and our black baby.

100th Anniversary Edition Fat Boy
All I can say about this photo is "Spring Sucks".
Datona2004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.