SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Wah sha she from the Indian Territory. I only smoke when taking a sweat. But became interested in pipe making when I was asked to make some novelty left handed cigarette holders for an upcoming bachelorette party. The bride to be is an old friend and she likes my twisted sense of humor. She made a remark as she left that gave me the idea of the cigarette holders shaped like the male member . So I need an idea of what wood would be good for the holders, which left me at what seemed to be the defacto go to site fir wood and smoking.

I also make handles on custom Damascus knifes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! I grew up in the Northern quarter of Illinois, where buffalo thundered the ground and carrier pigeons darkened the skies for days, a century or so ago.

For a holder, whatever wood except softwood or toxic hardwoods.

How bout pictures of pipes you made earlier or smoke now?
(Not any ones in your question!)

Reactions: Scottmi

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Wah sha she from the Indian Territory. I only smoke when taking a sweat. But became interested in pipe making when I was asked to make some novelty left handed cigarette holders for an upcoming bachelorette party. The bride to be is an old friend and she likes my twisted sense of humor. She made a remark as she left that gave me the idea of the cigarette holders shaped like the male member . So I need an idea of what wood would be good for the holders, which left me at what seemed to be the defacto go to site fir wood and smoking.

I also make handles on custom Damascus knifes.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heat, I mean Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Hi and welcome from Central England, for a cigarette holder any wood would do, it's not going to be in touch with flame, just find wood with a nice grain. puffy

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't know about the wood recommendation but if suggest placing the button 4 to 5 inches from the end. If also suggest a very, very soft wood and have instructions that bite marks are a very bad thing and would bring down the wrath of the Great Spirits. This device could also be sold as a great tool to help married women quit smoking.

• Haha
Reactions: gamzultovah