PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
When it's -20 here I just smoke in the garage so I'm out of the wind, all is good and it didn't kill Me yet.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
OK, comfy lawn chair, small table, quartz heater, crummy CRT TV, ample power are everything I use in the cold months. I also bundle up in a "smoking jacket" (old hoodie) and an old winter coat. It works, but isn't great. The cold weather is what keeps me from smoking as often as the rest of the year.
-Jason

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I smoke in an insulated garage that's kept relatively warm by the water heater in the corner. We just had an insulated garage door installed and it was worth every penny.
This is my method too - in winter, my garage gets converted from a random crap storage area into a man-cave; only to be forgotten come spring. On the occasions that I feel like experiencing the outdoors (smoking in a snowstorm, for example), I'll toss a space heater under my chair, and wrap a blanket around myself/the chair/the heater.
what would that be in Fahrenheit?
Off the top of my head, somewhere around 78f. We spent a Christmas in the Outback a few years ago, couldn't believe it when the temp passed 100f before 10am Christmas morning. Couldn't drink enough beer to keep myself cool!

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I enjoy smoking out in the cold, I hate smoking in the heat, and in that heat is when I don't smoke (though we had over a month fo consecutive days over 105 here this summer)

maduroman

May 15, 2010
uberam, christmas is summer time in aussie land, being in the southern hemesphere and all...
it gets brutal cold here in the central valley, in the low 40's-upper 30's, but i tough it out because the warden would lock my ass in solitary if i smoked in the house...

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My wife chases the cigarette smokers outside or to the garage. She'd like to chase me and my pipe out also. The only concession I make is that I do not smoke in our bedroom.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One of the problems of smoking in fiercely cold weather, is that occasionally you realize that your pipe went out about ten minutes ago, and you have been enjoying watching your steam.
Winton

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
One of the problems of smoking in fiercely cold weather, is that occasionally you realize that your pipe went out about ten minutes ago, and you have been enjoying watching your steam
ROFL; so true!
One bonus to a pipe in cold weather (at least for holders) is that it keeps your digits from freezing off - and Zippo fluid is more inclined to stay inside of said Zippo; rather than finding its way into your jeans/onto your leg/randomly evaporating, causing the lid to become engulfed with a massive fireball when lit.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
"it gets brutal cold here in the central valley, in the low 40's-upper 30's"
You have no idea what cold is my friend :P

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
When it is just cold I smoke in my easy chair in the parlor also when it is very cold, nice, warm, hot, very hot, and raining or snowing. During heavy storms and tornados I smoke in the cellar.
Dr. Sam

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Sounds like most of you just brave the elements to an extent. I might have to see how the air flow in the hot tub room is. That's where dad keeps his food smoker, so it's not like no smoke ever hits that room. I just don't know how the moisture in the air will affect the smoking process.

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
I smoke when I walk the dog, because I am outside anyways or I take it to the truck. Good luck finding a warm spot to smoke.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I did it tonight, except I smoked out on the deck (my spring, summer, fall haunt) next to a nice fire in my chimnea.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.