PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What about true codgers---I'm 68---who have 100+ pipes and keep several dozen types of tobacco at hand?

I find the presumptive dismissiveness happening in this thread to negatively impact the cosmic-connectedness perception I have of my Life Journey and thereby lessen my self-image, as well as profoundly damage my public credibility.

To such a degree, in fact, that I'm going to open a TikTok account and rage and cry at the camera non-stop for fifteen minutes. I'm also going to set up a GoFundMe account to hire a team of psychiatric professionals to help me rebuild my psyche. self-identity, and self esteem.

Your heartlessness is beyond description. My disappointment is boundless...
Damn George, you are on a roll. Great freaking post. Are you sure you are not Don Rickles back from the grave.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Damn George, you are on a roll. Great freaking post. Are you sure you are not Don Rickles back from the grave.

How different things are these days.

What a Boomer-age citizen thinks is funny because of its deliberate, over-the-top absurdity is not only considered perfectly normal by the Social Media crowd... it is rewarded.

I'm not joking.

The woman here was paid several thousand dollars for this rant:

• Wow
Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
How different things are these days.

What a Boomer-age citizen thinks is funny because of its deliberate, over-the-top absurdity is not only considered perfectly normal by the Social Media crowd... it is rewarded.

I'm not joking.

The woman here was paid several thousand dollars for this rant:

That video (assuming it's for real) is the ultimate example of why I always say satire is dead in today's world.

The Babylon Bee still manages to produce some fairly good satire, but with stuff like that to compete with it's got to be tough.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well if you were able to remember your password you're not an old codger yet... Gotcha! rotf
I have to keep all of my passwords written down and often don't sign out so I don't have to go through the trouble of looking them up.

Reactions: FLDRD

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That video (assuming it's for real) ...

That that question even comes up makes the entire situation even more significant in societal terms.

Screeching, whining, complaining, bitching, and portraying yourself as a helpless victim... is rewarded whether what you claim is real or not.

Fun fact:

The infrastructure that allows Earth's Magical Digital World to exist---power stations, hydro electric dams, electrical distribution grids, sewage systems, water systems, highways, roads, bridges, mines, factories, farms, and on and on---must be constantly updated, expanded, and maintained by humans. Physical entities who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

But the humans who are the PRODUCT of that magical digital environment are becoming ever more unwilling to DO those jobs. They are going unfilled everywhere.

Will there be a military draft type of solution? Nope, that only gets you headcount. The updaters, expanders, and maintainers of the infrastructure must be intelligent and highly trained in "STEM subject stuff."

Nothing else will work.

Oh yeah... the infrastructure will not wait, either. "The pendulum swinging back" one day doesn't apply.

The societal realization that you ignored the problem for too long certainly does, and wishing you could fix it as easily as you destroyed it certainly does, but the Second Law of Thermodynamics will only laugh.