PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PApiper63

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
Hello. I am a longtime cigar smoker that recently made the decision to become primarily a pipes smoker. I still have an occasional cigar, but find that I get more pleasure from a good pipe. I’m enjoying exploring, various types of tobacco ranging from the codger blends to some of the more high-end blends. In terms of codger blends, I am fond of Carter Hall, and Lane Q1. I smoke an awful lot of those blends. At least a couple bowls a day. Some days I can smoke the codger blends all day long. In terms of the other blends I find myself drawn too many of the Boswell blends.
I particularly like that I’m quite comfortable smoking a pipe in public people seem to accept pipe smokers more readily than a cigar smoker. it’s a whole New World and I’m looking forward to exploring it more.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from Carmel Valley!

Please
put your location in your Profile!
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Medy

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Welcome...from the Pacific NW.
As close to a codger blend that I truly enjoy these days is Boswells Premium Burley. If you like their stuff, maybe give that one a try.
I do, however, enjoy the Euro stuff, such as Condor and St. Bruno.
In any event, nice to meet you and happy piping!

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. You might want to try some samples of the Match blends. These are Codger blends that have been discontinued for various reasons and have been duplicated by other companies, mostly Sutliff. I enjoy Match V.I. P., Match Flying Dutchman, Match Field and Stream and Match Revelation to name just a few. Get some 1 oz. samples and try them. I think you will enjoy them.