PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I do agree with the above. Just keep in mind pretty much none of those are to be found on AliExpress. With musical instruments China is about where Japan was in 1970. They are quickly gaining ground if you weed out the garbage.

Reactions: Leyor

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
Hello from Canada. I don’t have any experience with the Chinese pipes.

The Peterson Dracula must be fantastic and I know the Vauen Auenland pipes are top notch. I’d just smoke those and save your pipe acquisitions for some factory pipes from companies with good reputations like the ones you mentioned. They are well worth it and can give you a lifetime of smoking.

Leyor

Lurker
May 4, 2024
UNITED KINGDOM
Hello from Canada. I don’t have any experience with the Chinese pipes.

The Peterson Dracula must be fantastic and I know the Vauen Auenland pipes are top notch. I’d just smoke those and save your pipe acquisitions for some factory pipes from companies with good reputations like the ones you mentioned. They are well worth it and can give you a lifetime of smoking.
Thanks, you've got a valid point. At least I know that they are legit, and safe😉👍

Attachments

• 20240416_213748.jpg
    20240416_213748.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It pays to know your carver. If you buy from one of the known Chinese artisans, you will be getting a magnificent pipe with Chinese style aesthetics. The problem is they will cost a LOT of money and it doesn't seem you want to do that. Buy a cheap Chinese pipe and you get, well you know.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! I've got one Chinese pipe and it's a Roadtown and smokes fine. I don't think I'd trust a brand I hadn't heard of before or who's materials I didn't know about. What I'd really like is to get an artisan pipe from China.

Leyor

Lurker
May 4, 2024
UNITED KINGDOM
Welcome! I've got one Chinese pipe and it's a Roadtown and smokes fine. I don't think I'd trust a brand I hadn't heard of before or who's materials I didn't know about. What I'd really like is to get an artisan pipe from China.
Muxiang make some beautiful handmade artisan pipes. I have a couple and they're top notch👌

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

Leyor

Lurker
May 4, 2024
UNITED KINGDOM
Welcome to the forum from shanghai in china,but i have house in ca.i like sixten,lars,nana,poul ilsted,jess,and aged tobacco.what about you~
I'm loving the sutliff molto dolce tobacco from the US at the moment, and a peterson blend called sunset breeze. I like the smaller nose warmer pipes for general everyday smoking.