PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I like to clench on both sides to get flavor around different sides of my tongue.
That's what she said.
Hey oh!

************************************************************************************************************
Left side for me as well. 8)

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Mine is left side near middle not corner and just behind teeth which I can hold more smoke in my mouth full.

Yes full. Hold it in my mouth and exhale by nose and mouth. I think by nose give me more flavor little bit.

I do not clench with teech just hold softly.Because a stem get more moisture and gurgle easy.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I clench left, eventhough I'm right handed. I prefer doing things, like pipe stuff, one handed shuffling, etc. with my left hand, never really given it much thought before.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Righty...clench on the left. I find the fact that so many others are the same fascinating...I don't know why...just do. The human brain is a weird thing. it's comfortable there and feel out of place on the other side. Bilateral symetry be damned. AS my avatar will depict...Albert was a left side clencher too...just sayin'

Jan 8, 2013
It definitely seems that the majority clench left. I wonder if it has to do with driving, and the window being on that side.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm right handed, but I clench my pipes in the left corner of my mouth. I always have, I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel right on the right side. I generally hold my pipe in my left hand as well, but I always use my right hand for lighting, packing and tamping.

One of life's unanswerable questions I guess!

piper50

Lurker
Feb 25, 2014
Never thought about it till now. My pipe is almost always leftside. My dentist and I discussed possibly replacing an old cap and my chewing habits came up. I also chew exclusively left. Wierd - it's almost awkward to chew on my right. That said, everything else is righty.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Interesting thread, guys. Just a heads-up that the 'Breath Smoking' discussion started recently by Easterntraveler fits well with this.
Andy

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@piper50. You mentioned chewing as well, and it got me thinking. I occasionally chew, and dip as well. When I dip, it's always on the left side, but when I chew, it's always on the right! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.